Sound Volume Drops After Notifications and Fails to Restore

Mr Savage

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
So on my MG4 Luxury 64kWh certain notifications will turn down the volume for a brief moment. But there are at least two situations where the sound isn't returning afterwards.

1. There is an unknown notification coming from my phone in Android Auto. The notification is a very distinctive Android sound. The very same I get if I'm in a call and receives an email or a text etc.. But this notification happens when I'm not in a call.

2. When the car tells me low battery at 22%.

Holding down the home button for 10 seconds to restart does fix the sound. But if the battery is low, the warning will come back and the sound will not return to normal once again.

Any advice on how to fix this??

Hi folks, I have this exact problem. I unplug the cable connecting the phone to the info unit for Android Auto and that works every time.
This did not work for me when I was on a motorway journey. I lost all sound and had to stop, switch of the car and turn it back on again. It seems to be the car's nav warning of speed cams or something that triggers the volume to drop below what the number is. I have yet to inform the dealer and I wonder if a software update will fix this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 520 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 48 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel