Space Saver tyre for MG ZS EV 2022

I was looking at May 2021 blogs and I have seen this. Apparently you can't get the genuine MG ZS EV space saver tyres in Australia and what you have suggested seems to be the closest match.

Apparently genuine MG ZS EV space saver not imported to Australia. After further research I found an alternative with similar specs out of a wrecked 2012 VW Golf GTi. The RIM is an R18 with identical Bolt pattern and PCD. The tyre fitted to the 18" rim is a 125 70 R18 which is the closest external diameter match to the standard full size 215 50 R17's.
That's right .. we can't get the space saver tyre here in oz ... I know 2 or 3 suppliers in England that sell the space saver tyre kit in UK Ebay, but the freight to OZ is a killer. I enquired about a new rim for my 22 MG EV but the cost was $488 plus 10% tax and the tyre was a extra $215 + tax +fitting. AND 4 to 5 months as the parts dept would have to order it in. :( So that's why I got the VW GTi space saver. Also it cuts the weight down .. not by much as that VW spare is a bit heavy. As for the 16inch space saver on Ebay ... I believe that suits the earlier MG EV cars.??. My tyres on the MG ZS EV 2022 model are 215/55/R17 Michelin Primacy.

That's right .. we can't get the space saver tyre here in oz ... I know 2 or 3 suppliers in England that sell the space saver tyre kit in UK Ebay, but the freight to OZ is a killer. I enquired about a new rim for my 22 MG EV but the cost was $488 plus 10% tax and the tyre was a extra $215 + tax +fitting. AND 4 to 5 months as the parts dept would have to order it in. :( So that's why I got the VW GTi space saver. Also it cuts the weight down .. not by much as that VW spare is a bit heavy. As for the 16inch space saver on Ebay ... I believe that suits the earlier MG EV cars.??. My tyres on the MG ZS EV 2022 model are 215/55/R17 Michelin Primacy.
The later MG (official) one is apparently the same as the earlier one, fits the ZS (gen1 and gen 2) and the 5.
As well as being cheaper, your solution is actually better as it brings the spare closer to the original gen 2 wheel & tyre size

The prongs on the wheel cover (after being coated in surf board wax) are easy to get off. Getting them off for the first time is a worry, but the pry bar makes the job simple. :p So I removed all 4 wheel covers and coated behind all of them with the wax. The reason for surf board wax is it's harder for water / rain to wash it off when driving. I also coated the centre progs of the wheel hub too.
Some very nice tips here, thanks so much ... re. getting the wheel covers off, I too was little flummoxed about that at first - I had to rotate all four wheel covers because the way they were originally fitted was wrong - only one of the four slots in each wheel cap allows the proper room for the air valve & was otherwise very difficult to top up the air. In any case, the trick to removing the caps was quickly found by my son who knows cars well - fingers under both sides of the wheel cover strut close in, work your way around & the cover comes off fairly easily when you know how.

Re. a space saver wheel kit in Australia, Braumach tell me that this will be available for the ZS EV (facelift) shortly & they already sell these @ AUD$895 for Tesla & BYD:

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom