Speed limit assistance system

kelloggs

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
does anyone know if the mg4 has the intelligent speed assistance system actually working. The manual states on p 212-213..
1 Intelligent: Intelligent speed limit. The vehicle detects the speed limit sign (such as ) at the roadside with the front view camera, and intervenes the speed control to keep the vehicle speed in the permitted maximum speed limit.
my iD3 had this and while not perfect was very useful. I can’t find any way of switching this on in my MG4 trophy. I can find and use the ACC ok. So is the manual wrong or am I missing a trick?

Yes it’s there. It works but I find it a pain on some bigger roads when it spots a sign on a side road or slip road and slows you down. Ok for around town though.

Not in the care at the moment but I think there are two places. You’ll know if speed recognition is on as it shows the speed on the drivers screen.

It's in the MG Pilot menu ... press the Car button on the Infotainment screen, select MG Pilot (if not pre-selected) and the top item (from memory) is Speed Limit / ACC / TJA

Once you choose speed limit the option for intelligent becomes available.
PXL_20221218_125940972~2.jpg

Ah so you can’t have adaptive cruise control that adjusts based on actual speed limits.

Well I turned it as above to intelligent drove it through town, country and motorway, it read the signs but didn’t alter speed at all. Pressed cruise button on steering wheel changed from white to green , nothing Changed back to acc set 70 mph on motorway and let it auto correct speed to cars in front.

Does it recognise the sign on the dash board? Once you have intelligent turned on it should work.

Oh yes the signs are read and appear on the display but the speed doesn’t alter. I’ll have another try then see the dealer asap I think. Thanks for the help

Just to clarify, once the intelligent setting is turned on you press the steering wheel button to engage/disengage ? The drivers screen icon changes from white to green?

I've not tried the speed limit option, but that's the case with ACC/TJA ... when Off the speed/wheel is white, On they are green, disabled (for whatever reason) they are yellow/amber.

That seems to be the standard for most of the indicators (e.g, Lane Keep Assist does the same).

Thread necromancy, but am I understanding right that you choose between TJA and ACC in the settings, and then there's no way to switch between them while driving?

I'd really like it to stop me exceeding 30 while in lots-of-parked-cars environments where ACC/TJA doesn't work well. But then I want ACC/TJA once I'm on more open roads.

It's in the MG Pilot menu ... press the Car button on the Infotainment screen, select MG Pilot (if not pre-selected) and the top item (from memory) is Speed Limit / ACC / TJA
Mmm……. Mine was there, but has now disappeared with a recent software update!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back