Spoiler on the MG4 EV Trophy

I really want the spoilers as I have the MG4 EV and don't have them but I think it looks like they are missing. Mine is Dynamic Red. Does anyone know if you can buy them?
Have you asked your dealer? There were some on AliExpress but they don't export them to the UK

Wasn't there someone on the forum who had bought a batch of them and was fitting one to his car and intended to sell the others? I have no idea where to find the thread though.

The member in question was trading without permission so the thread was removed.

Hmm... that's somewhat depressing. I think spoilers look daft (they are called spoilers because the spoil the car). But I wanted the additional features of the Trophy over the SE, so will have to put up with it.

I'm expecting to be mocked by my friends when they see it...
I have an SE and would be willing to swap with you....

Be careful though. There is a spoiler on the SE, on the tailgate below the rear window. That's not there (or not so big) on the Trophy. It's possible that only one or the other is meant to be present on each car. If you remove the Trophy's spoiler it has neither, if you add one to the SE, it has both.

This is an old thread but I personally think the back of the SE looks a lot worse than the trophy. Very plain and boring
The most obvious thing is it looks like something is missing which it is. When they removed the spoilers which were obviously integral to the design, they sort of just left it rather than finishing it properly. Just my opinion.

The most obvious thing is it looks like something is missing which it is. When they removed the spoilers which were obviously integral to the design, they sort of just left it rather than finishing it properly. Just my opinion.
Totally agree, I thought the spoiler on the Trophy was a bit OTT but I also thought the SE looked like something was missing / had been removed, so I went for the Trophy. All other things being equal I would have gone for the SE long range.

Don't the spoilers help clear the rain from the rear window, negating the need for a rear wiper ?
I like the look of my spoilers but they do make it awkward to clean that area.

Don't the spoilers help clear the rain from the rear window, negating the need for a rear wiper ?
I like the look of my spoilers but they do make it awkward to clean that area.
TBH, the window is too small in height for a meaningful wiper hence the ridiculously tiny wiper they've now fitted. It really doesn't need a wiper due to the step from the bottom of the window to the back of the car. This stops the window getting dirty as the dirt hits the back but does not go up the window, I think this makes more difference than anything else to keep the window clean. The car was clearly designed with the twin spoilers and looks much better with them. I think they should have kept these on all versions but decided that they wanted to make the Trophy instantly recognisable from the SE.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 92 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back