Sport mode and dogs in car

Ian Key

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Might I suggest if you have your dog(s) in the back of your MG4 not to use Sport Mode.

I decided to engage it when coming back from taking my two greyhounds for their morning walk as I entered a 50mph limit from a 30. I floored the accelerator and the car shot forward. Unfortunately the dogs didn't accelerate as fast as the car and slid in to a heap at the back 🤣

Moral of the story: I need to get non-slip rubber mat for the back of the car.

PS. No dogs were hurt in the incident.

Might I suggest if you have your dog(s) in the back of your MG4 not to use Sport Mode.

I decided to engage it when coming back from taking my two greyhounds for their morning walk as I entered a 50mph limit from a 30. I floored the accelerator and the car shot forward. Unfortunately the dogs didn't accelerate as fast as the car and slid in to a heap at the back 🤣

Moral of the story: I need to get non-slip rubber mat for the back of the car.

PS. No dogs were hurt in the incident.
Greyhounds should be able to keep up, do they need something to chase?

Yeah - I went for a blast yesterday in Sports mode ... the response to the throttle is wonderful. 😎

Note: granted I was above 50% SoC, but I got sustained 100% power every time I used it ... I joined a long taxiway onto a runway (ahem) and floored it - 100% all the way (~15 seconds) and I was over 90mph by the time I joined the runway (ahem), at which point I backed off. :)

Also: still no sign of oil leak.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 538 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel