Squeezing miles with a flat battery

Ivan

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi, everyone.
I had the šŸ¢ yesterday, climbing a steep slope, just over 2 miles away from the charger and then the car just stopped. It was indeed showing 0% battery and not even calculating the remaining range.
While considering the options an hour before midnight, in a small French town, I decided to do the oldest trick - to ignite again....alas. The car started normally, then only 200 yards later did the same Safe stop, but I had already tried my trick which worked, so tried it again. And again it worked. Even if for very few yards each time, the car moved finally to the top of the hill and the rest was just trivial downhill half mile right to the DC charger.
I only wanted to pin point that the estimated range is just precise, but even if you get stuck, don't panic. Push the STOP, then wait some 30 sec to a minute and START over again.
Love that machine.

Hi, everyone.
I had the šŸ¢ yesterday, climbing a steep slope, just over 2 miles away from the charger and then the car just stopped. It was indeed showing 0% battery and not even calculating the remaining range.
While considering the options an hour before midnight, in a small French town, I decided to do the oldest trick - to ignite again....alas. The car started normally, then only 200 yards later did the same Safe stop, but I had already tried my trick which worked, so tried it again. And again it worked. Even if for very few yards each time, the car moved finally to the top of the hill and the rest was just trivial downhill half mile right to the DC charger.
I only wanted to pin point that the estimated range is just precise, but even if you get stuck, don't panic. Push the STOP, then wait some 30 sec to a minute and START over again.
Love that machine.
That's really good to know, hope I never have to put it in practice.

Hi, everyone.
Brave man, lower I got it to was 9% at home with plenty of chargers on the way.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom