Starting the journey with a new eon tarrif

We have a slow cooker also, they are brilliant and only use a very small amount of enery.
Buying an air fryer makes a much bigger difference than using a electric oven.
We use it almost every day in one form or another.
There is no pre warning of a large oven space like in a conventional oven.
Our range cooker oven can take 15 - 20 minutes to hit the 200 degree mark from rest.
That cost soon multiplies in daily use.
We only ever use the large oven now if we have family around for a Sunday diner.
They are a worth while investment for saving on energy usage.

Yes our air fryer is great. Unfortunately I get a little more middle class every time I say that! My Dad a retired chef has now bought one and uses it every day which I think is a good indicator. I even did a roast in ours on Sunday, 4 chicken quarters and about 5 spuds quartered, came out pretty well.
My oven at home has a fast heat so I can have it to temperature in a few minutes but the oven had to go on its own circuit on the fuse board and is on a 32 amp breaker so hate to think what it is drawing when I forget to turn it to normal fan oven (frequently.)

My oven at home has a fast heat so I can have it to temperature in a few minutes but the oven had to go on its own circuit on the fuse board and is on a 32 amp breaker so hate to think what it is drawing when I forget to turn it to normal fan oven (frequently.)
When you have a smart meter installed, the energy company will usually give you a home energy monitor.
I have mine on the worktop in the kitchen, it is really handy for tracking which appliances consume the most amount of juice !.
If you have one, take a metal note of your consumption, then turn on your oven and you can instantly see what is pulling to preheat.
A normal oven is around 3.5 kw’s so your quick heat oven must be more than that I guess ?.
The air fryer has the big advantage of having almost zero warm up time as the cavity is so small.
We have the larger two draw unit that is pulling around 2 Kw’s with both drawers in use.
Which may not sound like a huge saving, but the cooking time is much faster than a conventional large oven.
I would not be without one now.

I assume its a 7kw element with a 32 amp breaker. I have the smart meter and the display is in the front room. I even use the Hugo app so I can refer back to previous days. Trouble is if I forget to switch between fast heat and fan oven, I'll forget to check the monitor :D

I assume its a 7kw element with a 32 amp breaker. I have the smart meter and the display is in the front room. I even use the Hugo app so I can refer back to previous days. Trouble is if I forget to switch between fast heat and fan oven, I'll forget to check the monitor :D
It could be two twin elements at 3.5 kw’s each ???.
In standard / normal mode a single element in use, then in fast mode it activates the second element totalling 7 kw’s maybe 🤔.
Thirsty beast in that mode !.
Same consumption as a 32 Amp wall box.

Personally I wouldn't leave phone chargers on at night unattended. There have been too many instances of fires caused by chargers overheating or batteries catching fire for me.
Doesn't your hot water tank have an immersion heater ? older ones sometimes do.

So we'll I decided to leave eon only after 6 days of been on the plan and switch to ovo. Can't use there charge anytime atm but hopefully won't be long.

Cons
. Wife isn't a fan of leaving everything on (happy with the car just not a big one on all the phones washing machine etc on while we're asleep)

. Had no readings from eon for 6 days now even after signing up to half-hourly Waste of time.

. Found my self not wanting to get everything ready to be put on at midnight started to feel like a chor🤣

Pro's
Washing was all done that's about it 🤣

But on a serious not I'm just not happy with eon's app just inconsistent and isn't great the whole energy usage was down for two months and I only switched to next drive on the basis that it was working again hey ho I tried failed and its on to the next

I did try octopus first but according to there app I am already a customer which Im not and it took 3 attempts to email them the other day with a simple question to get a stupid answer back

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom