Still cant get Android Auto to work

Geo68

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Have tried several cables, cables that I use to connect my dji drones to laptops and phones, solid data transfer still not working. Any suggestions. Help 😭😭😭😭

Make sure your Andorid phone is up to date and that you've not blocked the access.

Switch car on and infotainment on first. Make sure it's booted. Then unlock your phone before connecting the cable.

There's a known bug in a version of Android that cuts off AndroidAuto when the battery is fully charged. This is resolved in recent updates, but not all phones get the latest version of Android.

Everyone thats had issues has boiled down to cable or a fairly old (in technology terms) Android based phone. Only issue I've had with my Samsung S20 is prematurely connecting the cable, just popping it out and back in again resolved. I have a 30cm ugreen cable from Amazon.

Make sure your Andorid phone is up to date and that you've not blocked the access.

Switch car on and infotainment on first. Make sure it's booted. Then unlock your phone before connecting the cable.

There's a known bug in a version of Android that cuts off AndroidAuto when the battery is fully charged. This is resolved in recent updates, but not all phones get the latest version of Android.

Everyone thats had issues has boiled down to cable or a fairly old (in technology terms) Android based phone. Only issue I've had with my Samsung S20 is prematurely connecting the cable, just popping it out and back in again resolved. I have a 30cm ugreen cable from Amazon.
Thanks, will give that a go, and try that cable. 😬

Someone mentioned that there can be issues if also connected via Bluetooth to the car when trying to do Android Auto via cable - so make sure that it's not paired (or at least not connected).

The AA version on the mg5 may be newer than the old car and require a newer android os version on the phone.

Your Note 8 must be running pre Android 10, unless it's, Android Auto for Screens that was a bit of a stop gap until Android 12 where it was fully integrated.

The note 8 dates back to 2017 and shipped with Android 7, it should be able to run Android 10, which has AA at least partially integrated, you may need to use the Samsung desktop/laptop software to perform an upgrade if your mobile provider hasn't pushed an over the air update.

Mine works OK on my Mk 1 ZS EV. Sometimes after plugging the phone in I get a message on the car screen to plug in so I unplug the lead from the phone and then plug in again and that does the trick.

I generally get better results by plugging the phone in before turning the car on to ready mode.

Dave

Found android auto to be extremely temperamental. Tried multiple recommended leads and every other bit of advice I could find. Ended up with a Samsung A61 which worked but was slow and a Huawei P30 pro which would never connect.

When my phone contract came up for renewal I took the plunge and moved to an iphone which more or less works flawlessly. The only issue is my son cannot connect his android phone via bluetooth to play his music when the iphone is plugged in.

Ok guys, I’m old and I’m running an MB at the minute, I have an Galaxy s20 phone, which I play music though vie bluetooth, will I need to plug the phone in or will it work with Bluetooth, surely it has Bluetooth so I can play Spotify..

Yes you can connect for calls and music with Bluetooth. Not for Android Auto though, needs a cable (although some have bought wireless dongles which work as though cabled)

Yes you can connect for calls and music with Bluetooth. Not for Android Auto though, needs a cable (although some have bought wireless dongles which work as though cabled)
So what does Android auto do?…I know Galaxy is an android phone, but that’s as far as my knowledge goes..

Have tried several cables, cables that I use to connect my dji drones to laptops and phones, solid data transfer still not working. Any suggestions. Help 😭😭😭😭
Have you tried the actual cable that was supplied with your phone? I know this may sound bonkers, but on the Marvel R I used a couple of cables that I use for charging/data transfer all the time and Android Auto would not work. As soon as I went and got the original charging cable my phone was supplied with it worked straight away. Strange I know, but that's just how it was, so may be worth a try?

Interestingly, we had no issue with Apple Carplay whether we used a genuine Apple cable or a 99 cent one from Action (European version of Poundland) - both worked fine.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom