Still cant get Android Auto to work

Ok tried both cables, and neither work either. Same issue, maps fine, try to play music, I get a fraction of a second and then it stops again

I wonder if the issue is that it seems to be trying to play music via bluetooth, rather than by cable, creating a conflict, but every time I unplug and plug in, it seems to default in bluetooth settings to switch media audio back on! Also, does the phone need to connect to SAIC or SAIC_w_Car ?

Yes, using up to date Android Auto. I wonder if I roll back to basic install though . . .
Tell your phone to forget the Bluetooth connection and just use AA. Not sure if MG is the same but after initial connection my Vauxhall doesn't require the Bluetooth after that and all calls are completed through AA instead of the factory Bluetooth connection.

Mine has needed plugging and unplugging a couple of times to get it to connect but today it started disconnecting and reconnecting every few seconds. Thought it was because I was on a bumpy road as the usb plug into the console is not the tightest fit but it carried on when stationary. Tried a reset by holding in the volume button and found out you can actually turn off the display but holding it in longer does a reset and so far so good. Connects immediately and seems to stay connected over bumps.

Check the Android Auto Forum on Google Help that's where I found it was a hot topic with posting going back since the launch of Android Auto. In fact I've even got a "ChargieA GE" dongle which plugs into the Android Auto Port and the the phone cable plus into the dongle that when used with the "Chargie" in "Android Auto Mode" will lower the charge rate of the connected phone to delay the point at which shut off occurs. The Chargie connects to the phone by Bluetooth and the app monitors the SOC as your phone charges. I bought the original Chargie to use at home when charging overnight as it will allow me to set the max charge to 80% to extend the battery life of my phone since phones have rubbish BMS. The ChargieA GE model included the additional function to trickle charge to phone with just enough to to maintain the connection. This stuff is real I am not imagining it.

Thanks for the link to Chargie, I wasn't aware of this product. I quite like the idea in general and may order one, but not necessarily because of the AA problem lots of us have.

Mine has needed plugging and unplugging a couple of times to get it to connect but today it started disconnecting and reconnecting every few seconds. Thought it was because I was on a bumpy road as the usb plug into the console is not the tightest fit but it carried on when stationary. Tried a reset by holding in the volume button and found out you can actually turn off the display but holding it in longer does a reset and so far so good. Connects immediately and seems to stay connected over bumps.
That's what lots of people report happening when the phone SOC is near full.

So what does Android auto do?…I know Galaxy is an android phone, but that’s as far as my knowledge goes..
It basically allows certain apps on your phone to be displayed and controlled via your car's screen. Most commonly used being Google Maps, but other apps also work - we use AA to play Audible (Audio books - great to long trips with kids).
Google maps - when AA is working well - is (in my opinion) easier to use than the MG's Maps function

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom