Still not got my red MG4 Trophy

timothy

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
I have been waiting for my red mg4 trophy since October last year and my dealer keeps saying it’s at the dock and they are waiting for it to be delivered. But they keep saying they do not know when it will be delivered till it’s near there compound. But I don’t believe them. Does anyone have any advice?

When was it delivered to the docks? Mine was ordered back in November and is set to arrive soon, so it can take a while.

Give them the benefit of the doubt. It's not the dealers fault that MG have a rubbish tracking system.

My dealer told me my car was at the port too but also couldn't give me a delivery date. The next update was booked for transportation and the car appeared at the dealers 3 weeks later. Picking it up tomorrow.

We ordered our red SE LR in October too, and got the call yesterday that it was finally being transported from the docks today - I think it'd been there for a few weeks. There really doesn't appear to be much in the way of logic to the logistics, it's a real lottery as to what gets put on the transporter and delivered to dealers, sadly.

When was it delivered to the docks? Mine was ordered back in November and is set to arrive soon, so it can take a while.
I was told it was at docks 23rd Feb and it arrived dealers 21st March and I collected 23rd.

But the build date was 2nd Dec 22.

There seems to be no particular rush

Deal off for us sadly. Part ex. has gone down around £5000 since we placed the order just short of 6 months ago. Sigh. If only MG's delivery system was a bit more organised, maybe things would be different.

Deal off for us sadly. Part ex. has gone down around £5000 since we placed the order just short of 6 months ago. Sigh. If only MG's delivery system was a bit more organised, maybe things would be different.
Part ex's dropping but new prices are also dropping. You can now get a new Trophy for £29994.

Sadly, that would still work out as too much for us currently :( It's a real shame, especially after waiting so long for the car to arrive
That's really annoying and when I went on a rant weeks ago about MG being liars and me personally not giving more time to any dealer that extends or cancels my delivery time by more than 4 weeks from advised, this is what I was meaning.

People plan their lives around information given and yes I know things could change, especially with lead times but when a company parrots the fact that it has cars on ground available to be delivered within weeks as a sales tactic, to all who care to listen and consistently deliver in months rather than weeks then what conclusion is there to draw apart from they are not truthful and best to steer clear of such types, if you can. Obviously not an option with a lot of people as MG4 is the only option for them but I abhor liars.

What car?

My Ateca was valued 16k at 31500 miles in Nov and a week ago even WBAC valued at 34800 miles £16600. It had increased in value.

As WBAC take 140 in commission and then knock you down on small defects i couldnt be assed to do through hoops for another 150 or so for it.

So i think the dealer got a better deal

What car?

My Ateca was valued 16k at 31500 miles in Nov and a week ago even WBAC valued at 34800 miles £16600. It had increased in value.

As WBAC take 140 in commission and then knock you down on small defects i couldnt be assed to do through hoops for another 150 or so for it.

So i think the dealer got a better deal
Mazda MX-30 with fewer than 10,000 miles on the clock.

I think since Tesla dropped their prices not so long, used/part ex EVs have taken a real dip in valuations and it's stung us now

Mazda MX-30 with fewer than 10,000 miles on the clock.

I think since Tesla dropped their prices not so long, used/part ex EVs have taken a real dip in valuations and it's stung us now
Yes, and petrol SUVs have gone up, our Karoq rose £800 in value over 5 months. It is the strange market we are in at the moment, sadly, used car prices are not behaving in the usual pattern.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 540 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back