Stone chips

ChrisVanRock

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
How much would you think this would cost ? … nasty chip , tried rich up .. looks pants ZS
525211D6-E9F2-47ED-8FD6-C81AC8257EC5.jpeg

Well I just paid £700 in an expensive area of the country to have my rear wing straightened out and that, and the bumper, repainted (MG5)

So not that much :)

Whenever using tradespeople for small jobs you (not unreasonably) have to factor in stuff like travel time, or cost of premises, their ability to find more work for the rest of the day etc, so I bet it'll be £150 - £200.

I usedd a local mobile repair company to do some scrapes I had to the rear corner of my 5 LR... great job... from horrible scrapes though to the primer coat to invisible... £200. One of the problems witht he metallic red is that it's a 3 pack paint which is difficult to match.

Have a look at their website. Stone Chip Repairs | Car Bodywork | Revive!

This thread shows the repairs to mine with photos... Has anyone else had this?

Is that the right colour ?.
No used an ‘proper touch up ‘ but that what it looks like … redone with a 2 part chippex one £38 , better but I know it’s still there .. going to have to get it done professionally as spending money trying to fudge it … real pain

No used an ‘proper touch up ‘ but that what it looks like … redone with a 2 part chippex one £38 , better but I know it’s still there .. going to have to get it done professionally as spending money trying to fudge it … real pain
Just an update .. re did with chippex and didn’t hours on it … well it was inspected today by end of lease mafia and they were happy with it .. no charge !!!!

Attachments

• IMG_9238.jpeg
    IMG_9238.jpeg
    265.2 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_9237.jpeg
    IMG_9237.jpeg
    238.8 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_9239.jpeg
    IMG_9239.jpeg
    706.2 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_9240.jpeg
    IMG_9240.jpeg