Stonearce want to charge me £100 for firmware updates

bracken752

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just called Stonearce as my car arrived (Start of Nov 2020) with only the comfort update installed so wanted to see about booking it in for the BMS and Infotainment system updates.... they wanted £99.99 from me for the pleasure of putting in a USB stick? Is this normal? As my car is a lease and I didnt buy from Stonearce i assumed there would be some charge but £100... jeez.

I assume my next step is to contact the lease company and see if they are willing to cover some / all of the charge or? This is the first time i have had to book in a vehicle for something like software upgrades so any info would be helpful!

Just a note, I am in the Doncaster area (South Yorkshire) but my leasor had the car registered and shipped from somewhere down south (as it took the guy 6 hours to get here on delivery day).

My car is going for it’s 1st service in January, I’m being charged £120 for the comfort 2 update but the 016 & 017 (BMS and HV protection) updates are free as they are MG recommendations.
It does seem strange that you are being charged, if the car is leased are you expected to pay for this? Also if the car is so new shouldn’t it have the updates already?

I think it is down to your lease company to deal with any problems regarding the car not being up to date .The comfort update as well as the others should have been done on your car if supplied after July.

I read a thread on here about someone being given the updates for frew. So i copied their post into an email to my mg dealership and today i had the BMS. EVCC AND OBC updates all done free of charge. 👍

I bought mine from chorley group in Burnley and have been told any updates anytime are free

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom