Strange event when charging

MarkLynn

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Today when charging on the granny charger the car stopped charging at 80% said it was charging on the dash but it was not drawing any current. The ed it off and tried to restart charge but it refused to restart. Disconnected the 12 volt battery for 10 minutes and turned it back on, had lots of fault messages so turned it off and back on same error codes to do with and and the like. The car would let me drive it so took it 200 yards down the road and the warning light on the dash went off and all is fine now, just hoping it's a clitch. Had anyone had anything similar. Was it a one off or did it need back to the dealer for chaeking.

It could well be a one-off glitch but I'd still report it to the dealer so it's on record.

Yea will do it's due a service in 17days so will report then if it continues to run trouble free till then, thanks

The lights on the dash and 100 warnings are perfectly normal following a 12v disconnect, they clear after a short drive.

Yes I get all the warning lights after disconnecting the 12v battery and they all clear after about 20 metres drive

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom