Strange spaced out hooter bip alarm.

MikeM

Standard Member
Reaction score
I park my ZX EV on my drive and the direction happens to face the sun in the morning. This morning, as I know it is going to be hot, I put a white sheet over the screen and trapped it in the doors to keep it in place. I have done this before with no problem. I then lock the doors. No problem, they locked as normal and the mirrors folded in. After about ten minutes the car hooter suddenly started giving out a short bip about every half second. This continued for about 2 or 3 minutes then stopped by itself. I then checked that the car was locked and the boot was locked and they where. Has anybody else had this alarm signal?? If so, anybody know what caused it?

I've had this happen three times, now, WTF.

I have no idea what causes it.

I had even sat down to watch a movie in my living room when it started five minutes after I parked it, so I had to run out with the keys in my pajamas.

There's no log anywhere so that we can see why?

The MG5 has a "find your car" feature where pressing the lock button on the remote will cause this behavior to help you locate your car. Could you have accidentally triggered this (if the ZS has it)?

The MG5 has a "find your car" feature where pressing the lock button on the remote will cause this behavior to help you locate your car. Could you have accidentally triggered this (if the ZS has it)?
No, cause both keys were in the hallway.

Also, for how long does the "Find Your Car" feature honk the horn for?

Also, can I disable Find Your Car?

ZS EV does indeed have the find my car function. You can set it up with lights and horn or just lights. First thing you change is this to lights only. ;) That way you don't accidentally embarrass yourself or annoy your neighbours setting off your horn with an accidental pocket activation.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom