Struggling to connect Wallbox Pulsar MAX to Intelligent Octopus Go.

BrianthatiscalledBrian

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Recently the Wallbox Pulsar MAX became supported i thought i'd give the upgrade to IOG a go. Made sure the Wallbox had all schedules deleted and unlocked, plugged into MG4 with no locks.
Wallbox says "OCPP Connected" but when Octopus app tries a test charge (seemingly a final10 min process) it eventually fails with a "test started but unable to complete" kind of message and listing a bunch of possible reasons, none of which i could say i was knowingly contravening.
Anyone got any pointers or suggestions to help ? probably something blindingly obvious as it does seem to be failing at the last hurdle !
(PS have also posted this request as a response within another thread so apols for any annoying duplication)

I too had the same issue for a month. I eventually updated my Wallbox and the requested another email from Octopus to connect, this time the password was different and it all worked. However, I have solar & batteries and tend to charge my car through these, Octopus have told me if I don’t frequently use OCPP they will disconnect me from Intelligent.

UPDATE: All working now, waited for updated Octopus and Wallbox apps and for latest Wallbox charger operating system software to upgrade, test charge completed fine. Actual charging started at 11pm, 30 mins early, hoping the cheaper tariff is in operation too as the Smartmeter takes a while to update pricing so it was showing it as using the peak time rate !

Recently the Wallbox Pulsar MAX became supported i thought i'd give the upgrade to IOG a go. Made sure the Wallbox had all schedules deleted and unlocked, plugged into MG4 with no locks.
Wallbox says "OCPP Connected" but when Octopus app tries a test charge (seemingly a final10 min process) it eventually fails with a "test started but unable to complete" kind of message and listing a bunch of possible reasons, none of which i could say i was knowingly contravening.
Anyone got any pointers or suggestions to help ? probably something blindingly obvious as it does seem to be failing at the last hurdle !
(PS have also posted this request as a response within another thread so apols for any annoying duplication)

I too had 2 months of hassle trying to connect, but after upgrading my Wallbox connected with no issue.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 501 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back