Sudden battery loss on 2022 SR

Wow ....... Running the HV battery down to this very low SOC is not a good idea for the long term SOH of your pack.
Doing it now and again will not cause an issue. It’s not really 0% SOC when it says it is, there is a buffer below it. No point in having having a car with 273 miles of range if you can’t use all of it :)

Doing it now and again will not cause an issue. It’s not really 0% SOC when it says it is, there is a buffer below it. No point in having having a car with 273 miles of range if you can’t use all of it :)
I do agree @Dave.
But it is a habit that I personally would not want to get addicted too.
Apart from the "Bum Sweat" it is likely to be encourage by the frequent use of this act :sick:.

Last edited:
First charge completed!
The wallbox delivered 53,3KWH, minus 10% of charging loss, that means I put 48,03KWH into the battery.
The car was at 2% SoC when I plugged it, so it’s approximately a 49KWH battery pack when full

But, I don’t think the car has been balanced.
This morning, I had some things to put in the boot, so I opened the car and closed it, and the charge restarted at a rate between 1,5 and 1,8KWH
I let it do it for 20 minutes, the I left home.
I think I interrupted the balancing process, I will do it tonight

Last edited:
But, I don’t think the car has been balanced.
This morning, I had some things to put in the boot, so I opened the car and closed it, and the charge restarted between at a rate between 1,5 and 1,8KWH
I let it do it for 20 minutes, the I left home.
I think I interrupted the balancing process, I will do it tonight
Yeah - Maybe you interrupted the cycle when you opened the car, but this “Resetting” condition can be witnessed on the Gen1 model.
Even if the car is fully charged and balanced and it has closed down the wall box, if you then plug the car in again, it will try to commence a balance cycle over again.
Not sure how long it will take before it is already balanced, but it will try again alright.

Last edited:
Yeah - Maybe you interrupted the cycle when you opened the car, but this “Reststing” condition can be witnessed on the Gen1 model.
Even if the car is fully charged and balanced and it has closed down the wall box, if you then plug the car in again, it will try to commence a balance cycle over again.
Not sure how long it will take before it is already balanced, but it will try again alright.
Good to know!
The battery pack was at 415volts when I started the car, so I assume it was full and balanced maybe ?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom