Sudden SOC drop on my Mk2 ZS EV SR

Tim29

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hello guys. So this happened to me twice since last week, left the car with 51% remaining yesterday, came to drive today and it shows 37%. The first time occurs the same scenario, 50% SOC remaining then surprised to see 36%, that’s 14% lost parked overnight.
At first I thought it must have something to do with the cold weather but today wasn’t that cold.
Strangely, when I charge the car at home (7kw) after it reached 85%, it suddenly went to 100% after few mins, it seems the missing 14% has been added.. It’s really bizarre.. twice in a row. Anyone had the same experience or can exaplain this odd behavior? Thanks guys. The car is great all around though🙂

Been talk about on here quite a bit probably the biggest down side of LFP batterys the BMS just can't cope with that flat Curve

It's not so much the battery but the BMS has trouble seeing charge state if say the battery was warm when you parked up then cooled down a bit and losers 0.1v BMS has new reference voltage ie 30 ish %
30 to 70 looks the same on BMS that's why it likes a starting point of 100%

While providing a good estimation of SoC with an LFP battery is harder, it seems that MG/SAIC could do a much better job than they do at present. It's basically coulomb counting, plus a long term estimation of SoH. Not rocket science.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom