Suitable alternative for the ZS EV inbound?

sgt4hed

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Spotted this earlier while doing some "research"

The Fisker Ocean from the US is coming to the UK and will start at 34,995 for the base model and will have a WLTP range of 275 miles, and looks bloody stunning too.

I do like it a lot I would rather buy it than have it on a subscription service but that time will come

Spotted this earlier while doing some "research"

The Fisker Ocean from the US is coming to the UK and will start at 34,995 for the base model and will have a WLTP range of 275 miles, and looks bloody stunning too.

it looks the job and will give MG a run for their money as long as they can supply the units

Saw this car a few months ago. Nice at first glance...I'd be interested to see what the £35k version actually comes with:

I bet it will be like for example the polestar that has a "reasonable" starting price, but if you want to add a few bits, you will easily end up paying £10-20.000 more than the entry price.

These manufacturers have a tendency to have a low starting price, for a car with specs, missing something so that you will "need" to pay extra.

It's a bit like when restaurants have a smashing deal on some menu, prominently displayed outside, to lure tourists in, and then the money is made on heavily marked up beer and soda.

I bet it will be like for example the polestar that has a "reasonable" starting price, but if you want to add a few bits, you will easily end up paying £10-20.000 more than the entry price.

These manufacturers have a tendency to have a low starting price, for a car with specs, missing something so that you will "need" to pay extra.

It's a bit like when restaurants have a smashing deal on some menu, prominently displayed outside, to lure tourists in, and then the money is made on heavily marked up beer and soda.
This is so true. That's why I want to see if the entry level comes with apart from the chassis:LOL:.

It's a little Range Rover looking, which is the only thing I'm not keen on.

just put the deposit on it due in middle 23 time to start saving me thinks
I didn't realise reservation was open already... That's not too bad a wait considering some of the manufacturer lead times I've seen.

The base model is reasonable (blind spot monitoring, sky roof, digital rearview...), and it'll be good to see a full and final spec list. Interested in the price of available add-ons, because it's £14k bump to move up to the next trim 💀 Design Your Fisker Ocean | Configure | Fisker Inc.

I'd like to see the Fisker Pear properly. Could be one to watch if the Ocean is received well.

Anyone who thinks this car will arrive before all the ZS orders or even the MG3 is completely delusional.

Check the US forum, people put down a deposit in 2019 for a car that might be built in 2024.

Fisker outsource everything, including their manufacturing aka actually making the car, so they depend 100% on the supply chain functioning properly. Nothing gives them an advantage over existing car manufacturers who actually makes cars at volume. If VW can't make an ID.4 until 2023, why can Fisker?

I will not comment on this company's past endevours but the C-suite are still the same.

I don't think anyone here is looking for it to arrive before the ZS ect.

I would compromise the boot space, and take the Ionic 6 as an alternative - I'm instantly in love with it. I doubt it'll be in the same price bracket as the ZS though 😩

I would compromise the boot space, and take the Ionic 6 as an alternative - I'm instantly in love with it. I doubt it'll be in the same price bracket as the ZS though 😩

the bottom of the range model is going to land at £40k+ with the range topper looking more like £60k. It's target audience are people who would otherwise buy a Tesla Model 3/S... it seems that not many companies are aiming for the lower end of the market yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
the bottom of the range model is going to land at £40k+ with the range topper looking more like £60k. It's target audience are people who would otherwise buy a Tesla Model 3/S... it seems that not many companies are aiming for the lower end of the market yet.
That's my heart broken, but then the price range you mention makes sense if it's sitting above the 5. It amuses me that £30k is generally thought of as the lower end, yet it's not chump change.

That's my heart broken, but then the price range you mention makes sense if it's sitting above the 5. It amuses me that £30k is generally thought of as the lower end, yet it's not chump change.
In terms of the average new car these days, take away the super cheap like Dacia... and 30k is actually the low end of the market full stop :(

There is no such thing anymore as an "affordable" car...

Popped into my MG dealership at Balsall common today for update on my ZS and looked at the Ssangyong Korando demonstrator they had and must say it looks a good car for the money (Less than ZS ez) only available in standard range (cira 200mls) but a lot of car for the money.

In terms of the average new car these days, take away the super cheap like Dacia... and 30k is actually the low end of the market full stop :(

There is no such thing anymore as an "affordable" car...

Below is the AVERAGE price for different types of cars purchased in the UK. Note that the MEDIAN price will be less.

6A08EE55-A190-4994-9D78-D591178055A4.jpeg

A good source for info can be found here:

The biggest selling cars in the Uk are the Corsa and the Fiesta. They are around 1/2 the price of the MG ZS EV.

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom