Super happy trophy owner

Just picked up a white MG4 trophy. Super happy with how it drives technology and charging. Here’s a few points and a few pictures.

Coming from a classic ionic this car has about 2/3 more power, over double the battery, and over double the charging speed. It’s incredible to have double everything just 6 years on. I did have the ZSEV on order since last December, but converted the order to an MG for a few days after the order books opened.

I’m really happy about this because the MGZS felt like old technology it was pretty much on par with the classic ionic from 2016, the mg4 feels like a modern car.

Charged it at an ionity charger and got 143 kw peek from 40% most of the way up and then started to tail off at 70% down to about 30 kW at 90%.

Traffic aware cruse is locked in. Lane assist not so good, just pulls you back from the white lines. Not like a Tesla which is nailed in the centre of the lane.

D43A00A0-E723-453F-B3CC-2308778EADDB.jpeg
The app seems pretty decent as well, being able to check the charge status and remote heat is a game changer the Hyundai didn’t have this

I’ve not managed to get the Bluetooth key phone access to work yet. Another interesting thing is it looks like it supports 11 kW AC charging at least as an option for in the charging menu

Will report back with any other interesting findings happy so far, going to try a long distance, EUROTRIP over the half term in a few weeks.

Dealer didn’t know anything about the ev grant.

Just paid in full :/
09323B11-3127-4A8E-924F-5E1CCBE03406.jpeg
824DEE68-9EEE-4503-9EE1-1BF99672DDD3.jpeg
C051FE4E-B796-4A8E-B0E1-746DE90E4583.jpeg
D99F76D4-C477-4FF1-A221-3BE2CA30F599.jpeg
99EDA8C3-2FAF-4F49-BFC5-E2F92E14A8A2.jpeg

Yes Ive not managed to get the Bluetooth key working yet either and agree on the lane assist. The traffic follow thing and auto cruise control is very accurate though. App seems ok too

Thank you for posting some cracking photos Shaun! That light bar gives me futuristic vibes.

Thank you for posting some cracking photos Shaun! That light bar gives me futuristic vibes.
It’s a bit blade runner. I like it. Car reminds me of the civic type r crossed with the New Ionic and a bit of id3 mixed in. Also the drive train sounds very model 3 like with the inverter wine. And the entertainment system certainly feels Tesla (just not as premium) other things to investigate tomorrow, I see it can play back movies from usb and it mentions auto park in one of the driving menus, but I’m pretty sure this is not a feature.

It’s a bit blade runner. I like it. Car reminds me of the civic type r crossed with the New Ionic and a bit of id3 mixed in. Also the drive train sounds very model 3 like with the inverter wine. And the entertainment system certainly feels Tesla (just not as premium) other things to investigate tomorrow, I see it can play back movies from usb and it mentions auto park in one of the driving menus, but I’m pretty sure this is not a feature.
That’s not a bad mix of cars to be reminded of. Personally, I prefer angular looks such as the civic type r as opposed to the smooth bubbly look of a tesla.

I have to wait until January for my order, so it’s great to hear what others who already have their car have to say.

That’s not a bad mix of cars to be reminded of. Personally, I prefer angular looks such as the civic type r as opposed to the smooth bubbly look of a tesla.

I have to wait until January for my order, so it’s great to hear what others who already have their car have to say.
Is there an MG dealer in Fife?

Is there an MG dealer in Fife?
Unfortunately, not that I could see. But as I’m already with the West End Motor Group, I’ve placed an order with their MG dealership in Perth:
Perth MG

The only other one I can see close to Fife would be Macklin Motors based near Edinburgh Airport, but Perth is closer for me.

There's also Frasers of Falkirk (I think they're MG) for anyone in that area. And Arnold Clark MG in East Kilbride (as well as Glasgow).

Congrats on the new motor - even though it is the "base" colour the MG4 does look really good in white (with the black contrast).

@shaunuk how long did you have to wait to pick up the car from signing the order?
switched order from zs to mg4 on sept 11th, told the dealer I wasn't fussy on spec or colour, they had four allocated on the 2th september, one to test drive, one for the show room and two for customers, I was allocated one when they got to Bristol on or just before the 26th and at that point they gave me the reg etc, picked up on the 5th October.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 537 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back