Swapping wheels around

flobbernoggin

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
So whilst dodging a large rock jn the road ive managed to kerb my front left tyre and take a chunk out of the wall and scratch the alloy a little.
I was going to replace the rear tyres at some point (Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 2, if anyone has any opinions???).

My plan is to take the damaged wheel and tyre off, swap it for the rear left and then get both rears replaced.

So can anyone tell me if:

1. this is stupid
2. everything will be fine with the TPMS once ive got all the tyres to their respective pressures

Cheers

I have no recommendation for tyres but I'd go for XL (extra load) rated ones.
The TPMS will have to be reset which the tyre fitters should be able to do. Just make a note of which tyre went where until they get reprogrammed.

If you don't reset the TPMS then it'll think the wrong wheel has a fault.

And remember to keep the wheels on the same sides. 🙂

I have no recommendation for tyres but I'd go for XL (extra load) rated ones.
The TPMS will have to be reset which the tyre fitters should be able to do. Just make a note of which tyre went where until they get reprogrammed.

You just have to match the load rating of the original tyres, which IIRC is 95 (on the tyre wall)

So whilst dodging a large rock jn the road ive managed to kerb my front left tyre and take a chunk out of the wall and scratch the alloy a little.
I was going to replace the rear tyres at some point (Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 2, if anyone has any opinions???).

My plan is to take the damaged wheel and tyre off, swap it for the rear left and then get both rears replaced.

So can anyone tell me if:

1. this is stupid
2. everything will be fine with the TPMS once ive got all the tyres to their respective pressures

Cheers
Just put those on the rear of mine on Friday. Seem OK on the 80 mile round trip to see my parents on Saturday (mainly motorway). They are XL.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 523 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 48 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back