Switching off greeting?

Please tell me how to switch off the greeting. It is doing my head in 🤦🏻‍♂️

I was thinking tonight, I don’t remember all this ‘faff’ on the screen before the update.
Seems to take an age for the fancy animations and lights to go away.
Is it new?

And does the car remember the settings…?

The greeting is only on the Trophy. :)

I’m positive my SE is giving me animations it didn’t before the update.
Sitting waiting at work for it all to stop, so I can then go into settings and turn lane keep off.

Oh, right! I hadn't realised he has a ZS and not an MG4!

Might be the same procedure, mind you. I managed to get the rear seat backs off from looking at a video of how to do it in a different MG model. The seats were made the same way.

Oh, right! I hadn't realised he has a ZS and not an MG4!

Might be the same procedure, mind you. I managed to get the rear seat backs off from looking at a video of how to do it in a different MG model. The seats were made the same way.
I'm not a he. I will try the vid instructions in my ZS to see if it works

I had already done everything in that video but switching off the greeting and changing it to something custom has no effect. I still get a spoken greeting with the wrong date (not the date set in the car).

I had already done everything in that video but switching off the greeting and changing it to something custom has no effect. I still get a spoken greeting with the wrong date (not the date set in the car).
Same with ours . Always”first of January 2019 “time” please drive with care!” Really annoying…..

I still get the same 'first of January 2019...' greeting even after turning off 'Hello MG', 'Greeting switch' and 'Custom Greetings'
What now?

I still get the same 'first of January 2019...' greeting even after turning off 'Hello MG', 'Greeting switch' and 'Custom Greetings'
What now?
I can't remember exactly but I think that greeting is switched on and off from the nav settings (!). It might be labelled "weather info" or something like that. If you can't find if I'll check tomorrow morning where it is.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back