SyncEv Charger - Scheduled Charging the 5

nickcarr

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi All, I have a SyncEv Charger and have used this since October 2021 which has been a great, discreet device.

I am looking now to use scheduled charging with Octopus but have not managed to make it work yet. I have tried setting it to the pulse charging and setting the time etc, but it either doesn't start or it begins charging immediately.

Does anyone have one of these and has managed a scheduled charge?

(I have read the instructions I promise!).

Hi, this would be better placed in the general forum to get more attention but here's my 2p...

Contact SyncEV (email seems to be best) and ask them to put you on the beta firmware that does away with the pulse charging feature (it isn't required and, quite frankly will wear your relays etc. prematurely). This firmware seems to be the most stable also in terms of timed charging.

Secondly I'd do away with the built in Octopus Go feature - you can try it but many haven't had much success. Instead use the timed feature and set your min/max charging requirements as appropriate (or turn off target charge completely and it will only charge in the 4 hour window):

Screenshot_20220420-214456-310.png

If, for example, you need the car to be full for a long journey the next day then set the minimum target charge to at least the size of your battery, this will ensure it charges to 100% and the car will stop the charge when full, but still give you 4 hours at the cheaper rate to start with.

I used to use the End charge by with my old car and the Go tariff rather than start. So if it only needs 2 hours worth it automatically started at 02:00. Seemed more sensible than using he start time but I can't remember why!!

Thanks for the replies folks, I have now managed to get it to schedule a charge at last. It seems for now that I enable keep awake and disabled the kwh limits. The app showed this providing a negligible charge until the set time when it began charging around the typical 7kwh and then stopped completely at the correct time, so happy with this. I can simply calculate the % of charge per hour and set it to that timeframe,

I will be contacting syncev for the beta firmware as Ozzie suggested as this does away with the pulse option.

Looking forward to 7.5pp kwh!

Thanks again, Nick

Great news!

Yes the graph looks a little strange once on Beta firmware as the light green shading covers the whole graph but the line will show you the correct pattern and the total kWh consumed will be correct 👍

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom