System fault fix after 12 V battery disconnection

MikeW

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi
Thought this may be useful if anyone gets multiple system faults come up after a 12 V battery disconnect "reset". I had a "radio module disconnected" fault come up on the infotainment system. Tried the infotainment reset method, didn't work. Then disconnected the neg 12V battery leg for a few minutes. Radio then ok but multiple system faults appeared. Tried another 10mm spanner 12V battery reset. Still had same faults. Spoke to my dealer and he told me to turn the car on, don't drive but do a full right lock on the steering wheel, then full left lock ,then wheel back to centre. This cleared all the faults. Apparently it's a standard reset procedure after disconnecting the 12 volt battery. Hope this helps somebody. Apologies if this has been posted before. Also can highly recommend Unity MG, always brilliant service.

Last edited by a moderator:
What did you dealer say about the Radio module being replaced if it keeps failing?

Hi
Thought this may be useful if anyone gets multiple system faults come up after a 12 V battery disconnect "reset". I had a "radio module disconnected" fault come up on the infotainment system. Tried the infotainment reset method, didn't work. Then disconnected the neg 12V battery leg for a few minutes. Radio then ok but multiple system faults appeared. Tried another 10mm spanner 12V battery reset. Still had same faults. Spoke to my dealer and he told me to turn the car on, don't drive but do a full right lock on the steering wheel, then full left lock ,then wheel back to centre. This cleared all the faults. Apparently it's a standard reset procedure after disconnecting the 12 volt battery. Hope this helps somebody. Apologies if this has been posted before. Also can highly recommend Unity MG, always brilliant service.
Thank you that's quite interesting.
The fault reports do of course go away anyway in a few minutes when you drive off even without this procedure.

The faults usually clear after driving a few meters. I had to pull the 12v after a BP pulse A/C charger failed to charge the car and upset it (I’m wondering if I didn’t have the plug fully on as it sounded like the latch was having issues also came back later to find a Tesla charging fine on the same charger).

Did try using carscanner to clear codes first but that didn’t work :-(

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom