Taking your Granny with you

• Thread starter Deleted member 6627
  • Start date

Deleted member 6627

Reaction score
Planning a trip to France soon. Should I take my granny lead? I don't have a schuko adapter and given the slow charge rate I don't plan on getting one. Looks like France has plenty of public chargers. Will benefit from the spare space for bringing back beer.

Opinions?

Planning a trip to France soon. Should I take my granny lead? I don't have a schuko adapter and given the slow charge rate I don't plan on getting one. Looks like France has plenty of public chargers. Will benefit from the spare space for bringing back beer.

Opinions?
I would as you can charge it where you're staying overnight maybe?

I would as you can charge it where you're staying overnight maybe?
It's the maybe part that puts me off. Extra space for beer/wine on the way back or buy a schuko adapter and hope to get the odd overnight charge?

The beer/wine carrying capacity of the MG5 is limited by weight, not volume. How many bottles does "granny" weigh, and if she's stored under the bonnet that's even less as the rear axle limit is likely to kick in first.
On the other hand, how much do you trust the wiring in France? You don't want to have a warm welcome like a Welsh holiday home .

I'm using the granny every night with the EU adapter but beware, nowhere I have stopped and charged would have worked without a 10m extension cable.

I always carry the granny in the car and if I go away over night or longer take my camping Commando lead and 13A plug convertors, RCD and socket tester.

How often do you use the "granny" outside of the nights away? My Wife's carried her for 5 years and only used it twice.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom