Telephone/sat nav use

rolydog2001

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
I did do a search but probably it's to specific. When using my phone the screen (car navigation one) shows a phone keypad etc etc. How the heck can you get rid of that to see the satnav you were following??? tried every combination of button but cant get rid of the phone screen until the conversation has ended?
Thanks

I did do a search but probably it's to specific. When using my phone the screen (car navigation one) shows a phone keypad etc etc. How the heck can you get rid of that to see the satnav you were following??? tried every combination of button but cant get rid of the phone screen until the conversation has ended?
Thanks
Plug it into the left usb then select car play. That should show the SatNav on your phone.

I think most of us use android auto/apple car play.

If you're on a call by Bluetooth you should be able to push the middle button to get back to home to pick the built in sat nav. Im sure someone will be able to confirm.

If you're on a call by Bluetooth you should be able to push the middle button to get back to home to pick the built in sat nav. Im sure someone will be able to confirm.
That's what I would have thought, however it doesn't. Seems a bit daft to be honest!

Well I'll eat my words. What a ridiculous oversight. There's an MG UK email you can send a query to, I would report it as I would suspect this is a software bug not a feature.

If you want to move from android auto hands free call back to wireless android auto sat nav press the red telephone symbol at the bottom of the screen. If you're wanting to go back to the inbuilt satnav press the 'car' button on the centre dadh and select satellite navigation

If you want to move from android auto hands free call back to wireless android auto sat nav press the red telephone symbol at the bottom of the screen. If you're wanting to go back to the inbuilt satnav press the 'car' button on the centre dadh and select satellite navigation
That doesn't work when you're on a Bluetooth call. None of the buttons respond to input. As it works during AA/CarPlay use I can only assume its a software bug and unintentional. I did some testing the other day.

I personally use Android Auto and my experience has been it works 99% of the time.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom