Telling SR and LR apart

kendersec

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
Hello everyone,

I'm getting an MG4 Long Range delivered next week and while I was running through the checklists (thank you all!) I realised I'm not entirely sure how to tell a SR and a LR apart (Trophy is easy with the spoiler). Infotainment screen might say some estimated range but it might not be very accurate. Perhaps a little paranoid to think that they'd 'accidentally' give an SR but still, curious.

Looking forward to driving the car and live the EV experience.

Hello everyone,

I'm getting an MG4 Long Range delivered next week and while I was running through the checklists (thank you all!) I realised I'm not entirely sure how to tell a SR and a LR apart (Trophy is easy with the spoiler). Infotainment screen might say some estimated range but it might not be very accurate. Perhaps a little paranoid to think that they'd 'accidentally' give an SR but still, curious.

When the LR is turned off / been off for some time the grills under the registration plate will be closed.

On the SR you can see through to the radiator (they don't close) and have gaps in them.

On my MG5 there is a label on the HV battery with it's size and battery chemistry on it.

There must be something easier than looking at the grill?
As with the Leaf 24 or 30, there will be a plate showing the weights of the cars, on the door pillars?
Someone here will know the respective weights of the SR and LR.

1690401918875.png

You'll soon notice with the range estimate.

And you better know which one you've got, because the two types of battery like to be treated quite differently.

Only if you’re daft enough to treat them differently.
I’ve treated every EV car battery I’ve owned the same.
Charge to 100% as and when I bleeding well like.
I rule the car, not the other way around.

Well, there's another good reason for choosing the SR then!

The thing is, it works the other way too. Treating an SR like an NMC doesn't seem to do it any good. We've had a bellyfull of people telling us that even the SR shouldn't be charged to 100% too often and shouldn't be allowed to sit at 100% and so on. Because they know that's how all batteries should be treated. Feel guilty, LFP owners, you ought to be worrying about 20-80% too, just like us!

Turns out that MG doesn't allow the SR to be limited to 80% charge on the app for a reason, and if you keep doing that anyway and not letting it get to 100% and balance, all sorts of weirdness (well, GOM being way out, mainly) starts to happen.

Hello everyone,

also you should have leather steering wheel (with no heating) and tinted windows.

As a small add on to this post, what are the additional features or even features removed in these versions between the 22 model and 23 model. I know about the rear wiper but is there more.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 507 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back