Temperature Display

victoriac17

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
This has probably been asked before but I can’t find the answer to it. Why is the outside temperature not displayed inside the car, on the dash for example? Am I missing an update or something because if I want to see the temp I need to go into the app.

It's there in 1100R13, goes away in 1100R16 and 1100R21, then comes back in 1100R33.

What infotainment release do you have?

Cue the usual suspects saying what do you expect from the base model car, and why do you want a temperature display anyway, I don't. And so on.

But yes, it's a bug that was introduced with software update R16 and has finally been fixed in R33.

As a matter of interest, do you guys who have lost the temperature display still get the icy roads warning ?

As a matter of interest, do you guys who have lost the temperature display still get the icy roads warning ?
Yes.

Also, the external temperature is visible in the app - as is the internal temperature, though it's often wrong.

Just checked and it’s R21, does it need to go to the garage to have the system updated?

If you want an external temperature display, plus a number of other useful features such as a working USB player and a radio that doesn't switch itself on every time you sit down in the car, yes.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 518 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back