Temperature Sensors

tkmaxx5

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi all

Had the facelift MG5 SE a couple of days and overall very happy with it.

One minor gripe / issue is I can't seem to get the temperature sensors to report, at least not via the iSmart app (see image below).

Not in itself a major issue but I have my suspicions this is impacting the effectiveness of setting the air con via the app (as that seems to work based on the internal temperature) and given the warm weather that's a feature I am keen to use particularly with 2 young kids and hoping to be able to cool the cabin a bit before they get in.

Any suggestions?

Screenshot_2023-06-11-02-36-33-48_2eb9c8b5871ee1573f52dd95f3b62309.jpg

Thanks but doesn't show up even after multiple refreshes
Wonder if the SE doesn't have this feature, then? Mine is the Trophy and takes a refresh to show internal temp. I emailed the app developer, who said they were aware of the double refresh problem and that it would be fixed next update.

Ahh perhaps I confess I've not fully read the manual yet (although from a skim don't think the app info is very through).

Might email the app developer thorough, good tip cheers

Ahh perhaps I confess I've not fully read the manual yet (although from a skim don't think the app info is very through).

Might email the app developer thorough, good tip cheers
I also have a Faceloft SE and my app does not show this info either. Refreshing multiple times makes no difference. However, all the HVAC commands do work and I can set the desired temp from the app. Very interested to hear what the app developer says when/if you get a reply.👴

#FL trophy LR shows internal temp after a refresh.

A day to pre cool true car for sure lol
View attachment 18244
Further to my earlier reply re all HVAC commands woking #6 above, just tried setting the AC to cool the car, temp set at -16. Result is not impressive. After about 8 mins decided to check on effectiveness and the car was still ultra hot inside. I could feel very faint waftes of cold air coming from the vents and hear what sounded like the compressor operating but hardly/no fan blowing. Have I missed something? AC and fan works no problem under normal running.👴

You've not pressed the ECON button too have you? Mine is great but by far is best when on Auto.

Further to my earlier reply re all HVAC commands woking #6 above, just tried setting the AC to cool the car, temp set at -16. Result is not impressive. After about 8 mins decided to check on effectiveness and the car was still ultra hot inside. I could feel very faint waftes of cold air coming from the vents and hear what sounded like the compressor operating but hardly/no fan blowing. Have I missed something? AC and fan works no problem under normal running.👴

You've not pressed the ECON button too have you? Mine is great but by far is best when on Auto.
Yes it seems odd to me, that there is no option to control fan speed for the remote AC - when you would probably need it most! My wife has been driving the car with out 6 week old son today and set AC running before she went, and similarly noticed it was running and some cool air drifting through but without much force

Yes it seems odd to me, that there is no option to control fan speed for the remote AC - when you would probably need it most! My wife has been driving the car with out 6 week old son today and set AC running before she went, and similarly noticed it was running and some cool air drifting through but without much force
#FL LR
I have all setting for the AC set to auto and the temp set to 21.
Current outside temp is in the high 20s. Lovely for the Uk lol
When driving I find the car cools down and maintains the temp well.
I have used the remote function a couple of times and got in the car less than 5 minds later and the car has cooled down.

As has been noted before if you are using eco mode while driving the AC is not very good as it is in power save mode.

Wonder if the SE doesn't have this feature, then? Mine is the Trophy and takes a refresh to show internal temp. I emailed the app developer, who said they were aware of the double refresh problem and that it would be fixed next update.
Hi, any chance you can pass on the ismart app developers email address so I can ask about the MG5 SE problems I detailed in #6 above. If its against rules to reply on here can you PM me. Any help received with my thanks.👴

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom