Temporary “E-call fault”

Jonhklee

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Anyone else had a temporary warning on dash “e-call system fault”?
Had it today, I did a restart and it went away??

Where does the emergency call go to in UK? ??? Anyone any idea?
Kind Regards
Terry Bailey

I have had this fault too. Only covered 135 miles over 2 months. The latest display was a couple of days ago. It only appeared the once this time, unlike 3-4 times during a 10 mile journey in December... It's a mystery...

Could it be when the sim loses signal? Check your own phone signal If it reoccurs.

It does it when the car's sim can't get a signal. Only ever seen it when out in the countryside.

Where does the emergency call go to in UK? ??? Anyone any idea?
Kind Regards
Terry Bailey
The eCall initiative aims to deploy a device installed in all vehicles that will automatically dial 112 in the event of a serious road accident, and wirelessly send airbag deployment and impact sensor information, as well as GPS or Galileo coordinates to local emergency agencies. A manual call button is also provided. eCall builds on E112. According to some estimates, eCall could reduce emergency response times by 40 percent in urban areas and by 50 percent in rural areas.[

There's some more info here:

And here

How come the ZS doesn't have eCall if, "eCall was made mandatory in all new cars sold within the EU from April 2018." ?

How come the ZS doesn't have eCall if, "eCall was made mandatory in all new cars sold within the EU from April 2018." ?

I'm glad it isn't in there. "They" were at pains to point out it won't be used as a tracker, yeah right... even though mobile tower triangulation isn't particularly accurate on its own.

I'm glad it isn't in there. "They" were at pains to point out it won't be used as a tracker, yeah right... even though mobile tower triangulation isn't particularly accurate on its own.
I don't particularly want it but just wondered why it isn't fitted ?

You can make an emergency services call on your mobile so long as it can get a signal on any network, not necessarily the one the SIM is bound to. In fact I believe an emergency services call doesn't even need a SIM in the phone, though I've not had that confirmed.

You can make an emergency services call on your mobile so long as it can get a signal on any network, not necessarily the one the SIM is bound to. In fact I believe an emergency services call doesn't even need a SIM in the phone, though I've not had that confirmed.
That's how I thought it all worked, too.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom