• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Tesco Pod Point price increase?

Yes - I’m always amazed how people like to join a group or start a group of parked cars when there is so much space elsewhere. Is it a pack thing…?
More a can't park thing. They was most likely taught how to 'park' a car using another one as a guide. Hence, your car is used as a 'target'. You see lots of instructors in car parks doing this with their pupils.

And I can use my washer, dryer, dishwasher, charge the cordless vac overnight.
I have tried on numerous occasions to get a cheaper off peak than the one I’m on with EDF 37.76 day time 21.76 12 midnight until 7am but they say ALL previous deals are closed but they will notify me when reopened

Octopus are still taking new customers but you have to phone them and insist that they are cheaper. You might have to call again if you get an unhelpful operator.

Yes - Octopus definitely worth a try. The best that you’ll get unless you qualify for the smart tariff is around (depending on where you live) 42p day rate and 12p between 00.30 and 04.30 so you need to work out what this might save you before you pester them!

I have tried on numerous occasions to get a cheaper off peak than the one I’m on with EDF 37.76 day time 21.76 12 midnight until 7am but they say ALL previous deals are closed but they will notify me when reopened
Paying almost 35p on a day time tariff is a little cheaper than the going rate, I don’t regard 22p on a so called off peak cheap tariff, that cheap to be honest !.
I would be having a chat with octopus 🐙 and opting for 4 to 5 hour cheaper rate.
I almost switched to Octopus 🐙 before my current supplier ( EDF ) offered me a two year fix at 39p day rate and 4.5p on off peak.
It was a gamble at the time, because it was higher than the gong rate, at that time.
Glad I grabbed it now 👍.

Tesco have a time limit of three hours and is the licence plate been clocked on arrival (Big brother is watching!) If exceed a £70 fine is issued. Pay within 14 days £30.

The idea seems quite sensible to me. However I would imagine Tesco have thought through all the options before going with the current one, and for some (probably technical as well as economical) reason ruled it out.

He certainly has it right that there are some EV owners seem to feel "entitled".

The charge I'd like to see is per minute plugged in as well as per unit. You could lower the unit cost such the combined amount more or less balanced with existing costs, and it would stop people leaving charged cars blocking charge points. It is in quite widespread use abroad so the technology/software exists.

I've not waited around to find out :), but why wouldn't/shouldn't they?

Though I do recall someone saying on social media that they'd heard of someone who had been fined. Unreliable source though really.

Anyway my point wasn't whether they fine or not, it was that people oughtn't assume that every one is 3 hours

The idea seems quite sensible to me. However I would imagine Tesco have thought through all the options before going with the current one, and for some (probably technical as well as economical) reason ruled it out.

He certainly has it right that there are some EV owners seem to feel "entitled".

The charge I'd like to see is per minute plugged in as well as per unit. You could lower the unit cost such the combined amount more or less balanced with existing costs, and it would stop people leaving charged cars blocking charge points. It is in quite widespread use abroad so the technology/software exists.
Geniepoint have an overstay charge, these are in Morrisons around this way and other places.

An overstay charge of £10.00 after 90 minutes and £10.00 for every 90 minutes thereafter

I do agree with his idea of offering a cheaper charging price rate for Tesco users, who park then go on to shop inside of their stores.
They should be able to link into your Tesco Club Card so see that your DO indeed use the store and reduce the charging bill accordingly ?.

I do agree with his idea of offering a cheaper charging price rate for Tesco users, who park then go on to shop inside of their stores.
They should be able to link into your Tesco Club Card so see that your DO indeed use the store and reduce the charging bill accordingly ?.
I think that this model will inevitably be introduced. Perhaps even link to the store checkout, so that upon paying for your shopping the charge is also validated and any costs paid. Then say 15mins to move your car.

My local COSTCO store has change free charging only for two hours now. They too found like TESCO the system has been abused by non-shopping using their charge points. However, you might get more time at Costco as it only checked random by a man from the tyre shop.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom