Tesla charging.

Tony Chester

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I'm still having problems trying to charge at a designated Tesla charging point! I've set it all up on the phone but can't get it to charge. It connects and locks the charger in. That's it! Been to dealership who confirmed no updates are due. Very frustrating, I've had problems at other public charging points but at least I can ring the company up and the manage to get me charging. Unfortunately Tesla don't have that facility. Any ideas?
Tony

Tesla have blocked MG and some others due to incompatibility with the CCS protocol. Not sure if MG or Tesla are trying to fix things?
That's definitely not true for the "opened up" Superchargers that are on the pilot.

Not sure about Tesla destination chargers though...but that's more Type 2 rather than a CCS issues...

Upvote 0
That's definitely not true for the "opened up" Superchargers that are on the pilot.

Not sure about Tesla destination chargers though...but that's more Type 2 rather than a CCS issues...
I wonder 💭 if some people are mistaken in thinking that ALL Tesla superchargers are open to NON Tesla vehicles???.
Only the units placed into the “Pilot Scheme” will provide a charge, to NON Tesla models.
One of them is close to my home address, so due to this I have no need to use it.
I have about 5 different rapid chargers by different companies within a 5 mile radius.

Upvote 0
I wonder 💭 if some people are mistaken in thinking that ALL Tesla superchargers are open to NON Tesla vehicles???.
Only the units placed into the “Pilot Scheme” will provide a charge, to NON Tesla models.
One of them is close to my home address, so due to this I have no need to use it.
I have about 5 different rapid chargers by different companies within a 5 mile radius.
I think the key hint there should be that the location doesn't appear on the map in the app when you start a charge.

Upvote 0
There is definitely an issue with some MG models not working on the open superchargers. It's been widely commented on. It doesn't affect all MG models. The MG4 appears to be fine, for example, although I've yet to personally test mine.

Upvote 0
There is definitely an issue with some MG models not working on the open superchargers. It's been widely commented on. It doesn't affect all MG models. The MG4 appears to be fine, for example, although I've yet to personally test mine.
Agree.

The key to this is not to be dependent on a Tesla charger. Have a backup non-Tesla option just in case.

Upvote 0
I think the key hint there should be that the location doesn't appear on the map in the app when you start a charge.
I have never used one, so I have no experience either good or bad of the Tesla super chargers TBH.
I have owned two ZS EV’s now and covered about 30,000 miles over three years.
To-date I have only used a BP rapid unit for a quick “Splash & Dash” on two occasions in that time scale.
Our charging needs are done from home.
We now have the LR model and this is a big plus of course.

Upvote 0
I'm still having problems trying to charge at a designated Tesla charging point! I've set it all up on the phone but can't get it to charge. It connects and locks the charger in. That's it! Been to dealership who confirmed no updates are due. Very frustrating, I've had problems at other public charging points but at least I can ring the company up and the manage to get me charging. Unfortunately Tesla don't have that facility. Any ideas?
Tony
What is the MG app charging set at, mine was 0030 to 0430 and would not work on different 7kwh charger till l altered it, just a thought

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom