Tesla M3 standard range 54kwh vs. MG4 trophy range?

I guess you are not overly familiar with the mechanics of PCP's?

If I sell my current PCP vehicle to say Motorway, and I get paid £11K and my outstanding PCP settlement figure is say £8K then this £3K difference is your equity to do with as you wish, put to a new car or sell and keep the difference.
As long as the PCP figure is settled, they are happy.

Am I the only one considering warranty lenght as also part of my deciding factor aside from the £10k+ diff between a used Tesla SR+ and a MG4 SR? Because Warranty length is as much as important to me considering I am a cash buyer, think its easier for people on PCP etc to ignore the price diff between both since they are only paying to rent the car anyways.
Tesla warranty is actually better than MG in some ways.
The main items ( battery and motors) have 8 Years and up to 100k -120k miles - much better than MG.
You will be surprised if you look at what is actually covered for the full 7 years on the MG warranty - people think it’s a bumper to bumper warranty - it certainly is not.
I’ve had Teslas and MG’s. Tesla have issues, but in fairness I found their after sales infinitely better than MG’s. I suppose you might say you get what you pay for there. Based on owners reports MG ain’t great.
A PCP is essentially a way to purchase a car with a loan which takes the value of the car as equity. Most cars at the end of the PCP term are worth more than what is owed - you then decide - either buy it or use the equity for another car. Anyone entering into a PCP has a loan not a lease. Yes, PCP do tend to be typically of 3 or 4 years, but warranty is still important.

I’m of mind to switch to the Tesla Y AWD now that it costs the same today as the RWD did this time last week

Last edited:
No - only a small number of sites have been opened up; the vast majority are still only for Tesla. That's why EVM has decided to keep his M3:

I bet he had wished he had sold his current model 3 about five months ago and then cashed in on the stupidly high prices they where offering only a short time ago !.
Now Tesla has dropped the price on the M3 he would have cleaned up and definitely gone for the upgrade I am sure !.
Timing is vital, if you have just taken delivery of a model 3 and the price has now dropped massively, you are NOT going to be happy and I can totally understand why.
Dirty trick !.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 502 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel