Tesla price increase - again!

Bargain! Don't forget that it will be able to drive itself from the east coast to the west coast of America in 2017.....

In all seriousness, there are going to be a number of class actions against Tesla from owners wanting their money back!

This comes at the same time as the Civil Service are softening up the UK public for a lower standard of autonomous vehicle with the bar lowered to "better than the average driver", a long way below the currently assumed "perfect" standard. The corollary of this is that the manufacturers expect many more claims against them when their products are at fault for the accidents.

B18A9D07-B5FB-42E9-855C-E4C7CA1660EC.jpeg

Personally I am sufficiently selfish to not want to have to accept the rarely publicised increase in congestion that full FSD will initially cause until ~40% of vehicles are using it for a benefit that I have no interest in using. If you compare the take up of EVs which are still relatively niche at under 10% of the UK car fleet after 10+ years I cannot see FSD reaching the required penetration any time soon.

My take on it is ..... I wouldn't want self driving, as I actually enjoy driving my car. Am I weird, or are there others out there like me. I also enjoy riding my motor bike, and riding my bicycle. I can't see the point of all this self driving crap.
When I was younger, I agreed with you. But now - well, I would love the idea of just getting into my car, telling it to take me to see my relatives, and then sitting in the back seat, watching the world go by (or a movie).

I think the self-driving software thing is a bit of a mistake, actually. What they should have done was have electric hidden rails installed on all motorways, so that you drive to the motorway, drive onto it, and then select "self-driving" which would lock onto the rails. Massively easier to do, and much much safer. Would have been much cheaper to install than "smart motorways" too...

Yes, I can agree with you there. Motorways are the boring bits of driving, and would be safe on rails. Where I live, out in the country, the thought of coming up with a self driver in one direction with a heavy tractor and bogey the other, gives me a bout of fear !

Yes, I can agree with you there. Motorways are the boring bits of driving, and would be safe on rails. Where I live, out in the country, the thought of coming up with a self driver in one direction with a heavy tractor and bogey the other, gives me a bout of fear !
Wallace had a better idea with his self walking trousers 🤩

FSD Beta is amazing. The way it's able to navigate busy city streets with cars stopped in the middle of the road is crazy to me.

FSD is an option, buy it early and your investing into something that not there yet but will be in the future. The amount of data science and processing that FSD takes must be absolutely crazy.

You see $15000 for something that doesent work yet. I see the amount of manhours and data collection and then processing said data, making the neural networks, the sending those the the huge network of Tesla's, then the specially designed ASIC's in those Tesla's interpreting inputs from the cameras, putting it though said neural net then outputting that as the steering, acceleration and indication.

I'm not a fan of how musk has marketed it though. "Autopilot" "Full self driving" and the constant impossible promises of when it will be achieved. Big fan of the people actually working on it though.

When I was younger, I agreed with you. But now - well, I would love the idea of just getting into my car, telling it to take me to see my relatives, and then sitting in the back seat, watching the world go by (or a movie).

I think the self-driving software thing is a bit of a mistake, actually. What they should have done was have electric hidden rails installed on all motorways, so that you drive to the motorway, drive onto it, and then select "self-driving" which would lock onto the rails. Massively easier to do, and much much safer. Would have been much cheaper to install than "smart motorways" too...
Motorway automation is easy. Heck, even the MG has a basic version with MG pilot. Tesla has achieved motorway automation. Curious much you think installing rails onto 2,300 miles of 6 lane motorway would be.

I think that is called a taxi, and we already have plenty of them :)

What's the point of FSD, a car is for driving!!! If you don't like driving why by a car?
Ridiculous statement.

A personal vehicular mode of transport would suit many persons, clearly not you, but you are not the target audience for a self automatous vehicle.

I can see the advantages of sitting in a car and telling it to take me/us somewhere. Driving for me, was great !! And I do still enjoy a few miles at a weekend in my hobby car, but for work, visiting the family up the A1, I would really like to just sit in out and let it take me there.

maybe, at 53, I am too old to get your statement, but I do not think I am alone for people so much younger than you and I, to enjoy completely autominous driving/delivery.

Ridiculous statement.

A personal vehicular mode of transport would suit many persons, clearly not you, but you are not the target audience for a self automatous vehicle.

I can see the advantages of sitting in a car and telling it to take me/us somewhere. Driving for me, was great !! And I do still enjoy a few miles at a weekend in my hobby car, but for work, visiting the family up the A1, I would really like to just sit in out and let it take me there.

maybe, at 53, I am too old to get your statement, but I do not think I am alone for people so much younger than you and I, to enjoy completely autominous driving/delivery.

A Taxi would suit you then?

Ridiculous statement.

The day self drive cars become the norm is the day I cut up my licence.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom