Tesla Supercharger membership now £8.99p/m or £90 for year

Just to brighten up the thread, here is Caliban happily supping up the electrons at the Tesla supercharger site in Dundee this afternoon, on the way home from Aberdeen.

1713646552771.jpeg

Ten minutes later he was in the middle of a complete line of Teslas, I should have photographed that!

Still very barren on the South coast and South West of Bristol, but it is a start.
I guess there's a business decision for them not opening up the Exeter ones for instance. There's a big Gridserve hub there anyway, although more expensive. No Supercharger sites near Brighton at all, nearest is Crawley so Tesla drivers don't have all the best locations.

I guess there's a business decision for them not opening up the Exeter ones for instance. There's a big Gridserve hub there anyway, although more expensive. No Supercharger sites near Brighton at all, nearest is Crawley so Tesla drivers don't have all the best locations.
Taunton, Bridport, Plymouth are planned apparently, but might or might not happen and might or might not be delayed by Grid connections.

Be good to see one open to all near Penzance and Southampton badly needs one.

Taunton, Bridport, Plymouth are planned apparently, but might or might not happen and might or might not be delayed by Grid connections.

Be good to see one open to all near Penzance and Southampton badly needs one.
There's no guarantee any of these will open to all, for now we'll have to continue planning without these and try to save money with Electroverse etc.

There's no guarantee any of these will open to all, for now we'll have to continue planning without these and try to save money with Electroverse etc.
No guarantee but recently all the new V4 sites have been and Tesla will be forced to open them all up soon with the new legislation, by end of 2025 or early 2026, I forget the date.

No guarantee but recently all the new V4 sites have been and Tesla will be forced to open them all up soon with the new legislation, by end of 2025 or early 2026, I forget the date.
Don't think that applies to Tesla. If you're referring to the Public Charge Point Regulations 2023.

I mean on the M6 itself . There are some services that only have a couple or a few charge points. It is a very busy motorway and should be better equipped for the EV revolution.

I just wish there was SOMETHING at Tebay. Loads of superchargers, and bugger-all for anything else.
Tebay is our favourite pit stop, last year their website said they were expanding the number of chargers at their two locations but last time I drove through it, I was lucky enough to be able to charge at the northbound one but they could definitely do with more. I was hoping the Tesla chargers there were available to non Tesla drivers but judging by the huge gap between Glasgow and Manchester on the map I'm assuming not yet.

The northbound side has the original couple of Electric Highway 50 kw units I believe. I heard last spring that there were charger works in progress on the southbound side, but that turned out to be an improvement to the Tesla site to prevent the queuing that had happened there the previous New Year.

Northbound is not so bad in general because Burton-in-Kendal has a decent set of Gridserves. Southbound has been a bloody desert from Carlisle to God Alone Knows Where, although recently there has been some improvement at Southwaite. I have since heard that there might be some Gridserves going in on the southbound side at Tebay, but no confirmation of this.

I don't think Tesla will open the Tebay site, it's too busy with actual Teslas.

For me, Tebay would be just nice for a southbound stop on my winter range en route to Halifax. In summer I can make Kirkby Lonsdale, or if I'm heading for the True South, I can probably make Forton. Which is still a dump, but it is now a dump with chargers.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 505 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back