The 2021 Roewe Ei5 has a 61.1kWh battery and a NEDC 501km (313 mile) range.

I'd imagine this could also be released as a higher end model, keeping the existing one, but offering this as an option. Just a thought!

The 313 mile range looks like it is a city driving figure.

If the existing battery is 52.5kWh, a 61.1kWh battery is 16.3% more juice, assuming the same % useable capacity.

276 miles plus 16.3% is 321 miles, which ties in with the 313 mile figure

My 5 (MG 5.1 anyone, to differentiate it from the new one, or MG 5.2?) seems to be in the order of just over 200 miles range, based on E mode, KERS 3 and no A/C, for a mix of durdling around the local town and around the A roads of Norfolk. Given that and the benefit a 16.3% bigger battery, I'd expect something like 235 miles "Real World Range" out of the MG 5.2.

Totally agree - my limited experience so far has resulted in an overall 3.1 miles per kW in the MG5, so 61.1 (assuming 100% usable battery capacity which won't be the case) x 3.1 is 189 miles. Warmer weather and driving type/style will make a difference of course, but I think your 'real world range' of 235 miles sounds about right.

It has the stupid 'Battery' button that is blanked out in our MG5 ...wonder why they left that in ?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom