The 300 mile club ( I wish)

Jonoffun

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy ER

The 300 mile club ( I wish)​

MG4 Trophy: I wonder if I will actually be able to do 300 miles - or whether it will fall to 270 within the first 5miles.

Maybe in Summer you can get a real life range of 300.

1684659313641.jpeg

You must be driving very conservatively!

My SR is showing 220 at the moment, but that was after a couple of days when I was basically pootling for much of the time. I'm expecting to see that reduce again when I get going.

I'm seeing ~185 miles range Eco (i.e. in the app) and ~175 miles range Normal (i.e. in the car) at the moment. Not that I'd ever take it down to 0% SoC (although I have gone to 6% once).

I don't really mind, as the vast majority of the time I'm charging up at home and not going further than the usable range of the car in a day. If I go further then I'm going to have to stop, but that's not going to be frequent and it's not going to be in a situation when I'm in a tearing hurry anyway.

I picked up an extra 25% in a car park on Thursday just because I could, and to be safe, because my estimated there-and-back journey was 160 miles. The extra came from a type 2 charger while I was in the theatre, so no waiting around. It meant I didn't even have to think about range after that, and indeed it enabled me to do a bit of sightseeing at my destination and then to divert on the way home to carry out an errand I had pegged for the following day. Even after doing that, I still got back on 26%, so theoretically I could have done it all and got home on 1%! Theoretically.

It was after that journey that I saw the 220 mile range on the app. One way and another I really wasn't pushing it, and I fully expect the 220 to go down, not up.

You must be driving very conservatively!

My SR is showing 220 at the moment, but that was after a couple of days when I was basically pootling for much of the time. I'm expecting to see that reduce again when I get going.
I do because I’m making sure I only have to use my access to free energy as I don’t have a charger at home. I am a bit more pedal happy in days I know I have easy access.

This is my weekend so far reading from car. Not used today. Since 98% as that is what it got to before the weekend I have done roughly 100 miles plus 10 pottering about so add that to my GoM which is normal not ECO we can say I’m getting 250.

my drive is exactly the same daily and I frequently get a few more miles on the GoM than it displays.

IMG_2774.png

I just got in car to pop to shops. 143 predicted range. I have been using Adaptive regen not sure if that has been helping. It allows for a little more coasting where it can.

Also I try and use the rule. Never stop moving. As standing to moving will be the action that uses the most energy so ride on momentum. So rolling to lights etc so when you get there they always green.

I just drive 2 miles to Asda, range is the same 143 and I averaged 20m/kw lol (it is down hill!)

Picked up my grey trophy yesterday, several small trips around country lanes in sports mode… 2miles per kw 😁 , charged to 100% overnight as needed to drive into central London. Eco mode, full regen, 60 on the motorway leg, air con on occasionally. Got to London and recorded the magic 5 over 45 miles from Sussex
IMG_1857.jpeg

Obviously very slow traffic in London helped but very impressed so far. On the way home it came down to 4.7 as I had air con on mosey of the way with normal setting and 70 on motorway. I just want to thank everyone who contributes to this forum for advice etc, I was quite nervous before picking the car up but I have absolutely no doubts about EVs and the MG4 is brilliant. I even love the LKA and the gentle nudging as I get a tad close to the lines. Handling is perfect as is the acceleration, reminds me of my XR2 from 40 years ago…

My average has come down to 4.6 after a lovely cross country 90 mile run today with air on and eco mode… can’t really accelerate to much on most of the roads….. a serious petrol head friend of mine was trying to extract the urine for my EV purchase, so we have a £50 bet that I can’t do 250 miles on a single charge… I’ve just sent him this picture telling him that my winnings will buy 3000 miles of electrons (octopus intelligent at 7.5p overnight)…..😂

Attachments

• IMG_1886.jpeg
    IMG_1886.jpeg
    319.8 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
I must be doing something wrong even though I drive in Normal mode and accelerate gently. 3.7 average after 1000 miles. 281 still a dream.
Today we have the car sat on the drive with 326 miles on the gom and what's more..... they're all FREE! from our solar!
I have to confess though, my wife does the driving, and even though I swear to do my damn best to be a smoother driver, I can't get the same miles per kW hour 🙃
So I'm sure it's down to style of driving as much as anything? 😀

My average has come down to 4.6 after a lovely cross country 90 mile run today with air on and eco mode… can’t really accelerate to much on most of the roads….. a serious petrol head friend of mine was trying to extract the urine for my EV purchase, so we have a £50 bet that I can’t do 250 miles on a single charge… I’ve just sent him this picture telling him that my winnings will buy 3000 miles of electrons (octopus intelligent at 7.5p overnight)…..😂
A walk in the park! (Double or quits?) 😉

Obviously a big part it the warmer weather.

Attachments

• 20230527_175539.jpg
    20230527_175539.jpg
    300.8 KB · Views: 121
Today we have the car sat on the drive with 326 miles on the gom and what's more..... they're all FREE! from our solar!
I have to confess though, my wife does the driving, and even though I swear to do my damn best to be a smoother driver, I can't get the same miles per kW hour 🙃
So I'm sure it's down to style of driving as much as anything? 😀

A walk in the park! (Double or quits?) 😉

Obviously a big part it the warmer weather.
I won

Attachments

• IMG_1888.jpeg
    IMG_1888.jpeg
    397.9 KB · Views: 92

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%