The cheek of MG Eastcote.

smoked

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
So I bought a mg zs from them online. They're around 200 miles away from me so I set off middle of the night (I work nights so it was straight after work.) got there at 9/10 ish and wanted to set off as soon as possible because of the 4/5 hour drive I had.

Car was being washed that morning due to a member of staff having it the day before which was rather annoying as the cleaning was rushed. Shouldve been done the day before and have it waiting in the morning.

Picked up the car and came home. Its a 71 plate. So all I did was a quick check.

Today I've come to vacuum the drivers side footwell and I've had a lovely surprise.

Vaccumed the mat and the lifted to reach any dirt underneath and the carpet is ripped underneath. They've been driving the car without the mats and it's ripped up the carpet and when it's come for me to pick it up they've covered it up with the mats.

I've been so disappointed with their sales team. And this has just been a topper to that

The area in question

I guess it's a lesson learnt - buyer beware

Last edited:
Wow, that's a nasty hole, I'd be straight back on the phone to them and complain.
I suppose it depends if the car was a bargain or not as to whether you want to do something about it though.

Were they driving in heels?
That's some damage to the carpet and no mention of it in the advert.
I'm guessing it was suit shoes with a hard heel. As it's exactly where the foot would rest. utterly shocked that they'd do this.

Wow, that's a nasty hole, I'd be straight back on the phone to them and complain.
I suppose it depends if the car was a bargain or not as to whether you want to do something about it though.
it was basically full price - ex demo model. £31k
I already emailed a complaint to them regarding the condition of the car when I picked it up and heard nothing back.
so i'm not expecting a reply from their "customer experience manager" i am considering escalating this to the manager or above for this though.

I'm guessing it was suit shoes with a hard heel. As it's exactly where the foot would rest. utterly shocked that they'd do this.

it was basically full price - ex demo model. £31k
I already emailed a complaint to them regarding the condition of the car when I picked it up and heard nothing back.
so i'm not expecting a reply from their "customer experience manager" i am considering escalating this to the manager or above for this though.
Ouch that's a bit naughty!!

As you bought it online don't you have increased rights to reject?

I'd go high up as I think you're due a grand or more back? The amount of labour required to replace that will be ridiculous, never mind the cost (& availability 🙄) of the new carpet....

So I think looking at warranty it's 12 months so get your nearest dealer to have a look?

Attachments

• MG_Online_Warranty_Statement_October_2021 (4)(1).pdf
    275.2 KB · Views: 125
So I think looking at warranty it's 12 months so get your nearest dealer to have a look?
And say...... I bought this online & look! Please fix for free ??

I think you might just get a price "subject to" the part being available ...

And say...... I bought this online & look! Please fix for free ??

I think you might just get a price "subject to" the part being available ...
Unless it got a s#&t ton of miles on it I can't see it being fair wear and tear must be ripped because of defect?

It is and the dealership could resell the car easily that’s the problem they don’t care about customer service anymore because they don’t need to
Yeah this is the thing. these cars are in demand, I dont want to be car-less i do want this carpet repaired

Mmm I think you might have left it rather late then.
Chalk it up & move on ?
You could maybe glue something like

over with some suitably evil adhesive?

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
You could maybe glue something like

over with some suitably evil adhesive?
That's a brilliant solution, certainly the way I'd go. (y) :giggle:
I'm surprised that the carpet doesn't have a heel pad there already, most cars do.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom