The cheek of MG Eastcote.

I think we should all thank smoked for bringing this to our attention. If the carpet goes into a hole after just 4,000 miles, the first thing I'm doing when I eventually get mine is putting hard wearing mat down to protect the carpet.

when i bought it the car had around 4000 it has 8 now - i've had it for 3 months roughly.

edit - picked it up on the 8th of June
Well we can forget about the 14 day scenario as you have have had the car since June the 8 about 10 weeks or so and done 4000miles but only just lift the mat up to vacuum, I have to take mine out weekly for a quick brushing and a vacuuming it’s one of the reasons I hate the black interior shows every but of grime and dust, so you could do as been said above a stick a heel pad over it, another way is find a body shop close to you, who do carpet and seat repairs and ask them to patch it for you a new piece of carpet, but first off if the car is less than a year old it should be covered under the warranty, one off the members on here LEOGB in almost sure it was, he had a similar problem with his MG where the carpet had torn near the footrest and he got the whole lot renewed under the warranty. That was around a year back so on a 71 plate I think that might be you first port of call your local MG dealership, and don’t let them fob you off with , your didn't buy the car from us or your are not the original owner the warranty states you can use any MG dealer for repairs and servicing no matter where you bought it.
Good luck
Les

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we should all thank smoked for bringing this to our attention. If the carpet goes into a hole after just 4,000 miles, the first thing I'm doing when I eventually get mine is putting hard wearing mat down to protect the carpet.
Well mines 18 months old now and going on 16000 miles but not a mark on the mats or the carpets that hole in smoked car looks as if somebody’s been driving it with spured boots on terrible it is, I can’t believe any MG dealership would sell a car with that it being less than a year old they should have fixed that before they put it up for sale IMHO.
Les

So I bought a mg zs from them online. They're around 200 miles away from me so I set off middle of the night (I work nights so it was straight after work.) got there at 9/10 ish and wanted to set off as soon as possible because of the 4/5 hour drive I had.

Car was being washed that morning due to a member of staff having it the day before which was rather annoying as the cleaning was rushed. Shouldve been done the day before and have it waiting in the morning.

Picked up the car and came home. Its a 71 plate. So all I did was a quick check.

Today I've come to vacuum the drivers side footwell and I've had a lovely surprise.

Vaccumed the mat and the lifted to reach any dirt underneath and the carpet is ripped underneath. They've been driving the car without the mats and it's ripped up the carpet and when it's come for me to pick it up they've covered it up with the mats.

I've been so disappointed with their sales team. And this has just been a topper to that

The area in question

I guess it's a lesson learnt - buyer beware
I would get in touch with the dealership and kick up a right stink about that buddy and hopefully they will put it right if they dig there heels in (sorry couldn’t resist 😂) then nothing ventured nothing gained gotta be worth trying at least.

I agree and i have said it earlier, but me I would want the Eastleigh to agree to have the car repair by a dealer much closer to smoked home, it’s a 5 hour drive I think he said and I don’t believe they might get it done in one day.
Les

I agree and i have said it earlier, but me I would want the Eastleigh to agree to have the car repair by a dealer much closer to smoked home, it’s a 5 hour drive I think he said and I don’t believe they might get it done in one day.
Les

I'm contacting them tomorrow - I tweeted out to MG UK and WL MG - the dealership owners = both of them responded so i'll be in touch and there's not a chance in hell i'm driving down to London for their issue - i'm gonna tell them either burnley or chorley MG can fix it and they can pay them directly for this.

I'm contacting them tomorrow - I tweeted out to MG UK and WL MG - the dealership owners = both of them responded so i'll be in touch and there's not a chance in hell i'm driving down to London for their issue - i'm gonna tell them either burnley or chorley MG can fix it and they can pay them directly for this.
Good on you let us know how you get on

I'm guessing it was suit shoes with a hard heel. As it's exactly where the foot would rest. utterly shocked that they'd do this.

it was basically full price - ex demo model. £31k
I already emailed a complaint to them regarding the condition of the car when I picked it up and heard nothing back.
so i'm not expecting a reply from their "customer experience manager" i am considering escalating this to the manager or above for this though.
That seems to be an awfully high price for a 71plate ex demo especially with 4000 miles on the clock

thats how much they were going for. i needed a car and was lookin for an electric with a decent range - MG fit the bill.
I bought an ex-demonstrator 71 plate excite with less than 600 miles on the clock and just six months old for £24k. I also got the 1st service free plus a type2 cable in carrier bag and also Supagard paint protection applied.

Last edited:
I bought an ex-demonstrator 71 plate excite with less than 600 miles on the clock and just six months old for £24k. I also got the 1st service free plus a type2 cable in carrier bag and also Supagard paint protection applied.

i wanted the new one - even now the Long range version thats actually in stock with 50 miles on the clock is £37k

standard range ex demo models are coming in around £30k.

Do Ireland use 71 plates?
Good point no 1st Northern Ireland 2nd Ireland
Screenshot_20220904_182239.jpg
Screenshot_20220904_182026.jpg

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom