The most valuable feature today.

Hoho😂

Can't wait for the next unprecedented 2 day heatwave to hear you all crowing about it again😉

Really you should try the heated seats in the 6 months of winter 👍
I'm not using it only for heatwave. But every time my car is parked under a hot sun. My wife and friends really appreciate this feature.

For the heated seat, i don't know about your car but on mk2 It's kinda suck, or maybe i didnt get it: there is no way to change the level of heat. It just keep increasing to the point my a** can't handle more. On other car you can choose between 2 or 3 level, if you can't choose the temp on the screen... Usually I only use it for 5 minutes. I wish i had vented seats instead of heated seats, ahah.

I'm not using it only for heatwave. But every time my car is parked under a hot sun. My wife and friends really appreciate this feature.

Oh you're French - Nord ou sud?
IMHO in UK climate it's just a gimmicky solution looking for a problem.

For the heated seat, i don't know about your car but on mk2 It's kinda suck, or maybe i didnt get it: there is no way to change the level of heat. It just keep increasing to the point my a** can't handle more. On other car you can choose between 2 or 3 level, if you can't choose the temp on the screen... Usually I only use it for 5 minutes. I wish i had vented seats instead of heated seats, ahah.
Yeah mk1 is same. Quick blast stops one's "a**e freezing off" though 👍

Oh you're French - Nord ou sud?
IMHO in UK climate it's just a gimmicky solution looking for a problem.

Yeah mk1 is same. Quick blast stops one's "a**e freezing off" though 👍
Sud 👍 and between May and sometimes september the sun can be very mean 🫠. More and more people are using A/C in their home, contributing to the problem. Including me since my newborn.

Oh shoot, that's why I don't like heated seats in this car... It feel nice for a few moments and then you have to cut it off because of the heat.

Sud 👍 and between May and sometimes september the sun can be very mean 🫠. More and more people are using A/C in their home, contributing to the problem. Including me since my newborn.

Oh shoot, that's why I don't like heated seats in this car... It feel nice for a few moments and then you have to cut it off because of the heat.
My sons refer to them as testicle toasters 😁

Not sure where you get 150k miles of driving to offset the CO2 produced during the manufacture of the battery?

Perhaps you could point me to the source of this information?
I can't find the actual article but here is a more recent one that shows 50k miles before break even, the 150k I stated may be inflated from my poor memory but if I find the article I will post it here.

I can't find the actual article but here is a more recent one that shows 50k miles before break even, the 150k I stated may be inflated from my poor memory but if I find the article I will post it here.

There's a lot of this stuff being published and it is complete nonsense. It is pushed by big oil - of course - who would rather you do not know about the horrendous consequences of their operations.

Transport Evolved did a good in-depth critique of this study.

Today when I checked the car via the app prior to me going out, the interior temperature was reporting as 55°C!!!

To date the most valuable feature of this vehicle has now been decided.

Remote HVAC activation.

55 is a tad warm even for me 🤣
To all who may read this it is a simple thing when a warm day comes along open several windows about an inch do people realise how hot a car gets inside

To all who may read this it is a simple thing when a warm day comes along open several windows about an inch do people realise how hot a car gets inside
It's easy enough to say leave the windows open an inch or two, but for someone who has come from driving vehicles that the alarms go off when windows are left open (because of the unltrasonic sensors inside the car) it is a very difficult habit to get out of. I would rather have the habit of always closing my windows and sun roof because why would I give thieves easy access to my car.

When we have weather as hot as it was on Monday and Tuesday last week, opening the windows didn’t do much, if anything, to cool down the car. Nearly all cars have air con/climate control nowadays, so why not use it? I am looking forward to being able to pre-cool my car from the app. What a treat!

When we have weather as hot as it was on Monday and Tuesday last week, opening the windows didn’t do much, if anything, to cool down the car. Nearly all cars have air con/climate control nowadays, so why not use it? I am looking forward to being able to pre-cool my car from the app. What a treat!
Roll on next summer!🤣

If it worked for others then great, but cracking windows open Mon/Tues made no real difference here at 41+. The cooling feature is there, so I see no point to doing things the way they were when Jesus was a lad just because...the same way I cook on my handy hob instead of a camp fire 😆. If the pre-cool/warm is something that fits your needs, then use it.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom