The trouble with knobs

OriginalBigAl

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
Last night, went for a joy drive, as you do. Tried sport mode and turned off all the nasties. Brake, select drive and off we go, the first 500m is on a badly surfaced narrow downhill track to a small crossroads. Car picks up speed , faster and faster, where is my regen ? brake ,brake harder, ? come to crossroads braking have a look, release brake and roll into crossroads foot down, nothing ! What, what, what, all I can see is a load of previous posts going through my mind ,why no power , why is it running away with me? Pillock, only gone and left it in neutral since leaving the house. Because its 30% heavier than my previous it took off down the hill a bit quicker than I,m used to. Read this how you want but I suppose thats the trouble with knobs. ( I was thinking gear selector )

Isn't it the driver who selects the gear? 🤔 🤣
Describe driver, a competent individual whose mind is fully on the task at hand, or stressed person trying to stop four dogs jumping in the car and avoiding several cats who have not got used to a silent car approaching from behind.
Describe gear, careful!

Describe driver, a competent individual whose mind is fully on the task at hand, or stressed person trying to stop four dogs jumping in the car and avoiding several cats who have not got used to a silent car approaching from behind.
Describe gear, careful!
Hmm, no mention of mobile phone usage?

Last night, went for a joy drive, as you do. Tried sport mode and turned off all the nasties. Brake, select drive and off we go, the first 500m is on a badly surfaced narrow downhill track to a small crossroads. Car picks up speed , faster and faster, where is my regen ? brake ,brake harder, ? come to crossroads braking have a look, release brake and roll into crossroads foot down, nothing ! What, what, what, all I can see is a load of previous posts going through my mind ,why no power , why is it running away with me? Pillock, only gone and left it in neutral since leaving the house. Because its 30% heavier than my previous it took off down the hill a bit quicker than I,m used to. Read this how you want but I suppose thats the trouble with knobs. ( I was thinking gear selector )
Ahhh the classic PIBCAC error.... Problem Is Between the Computer And Chair

"Brake, select drive and off we go"...

so are you saying a faulty gear selector to go with list of other teething problems or just assuming you didn't actually select drive then?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 511 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back