The Ultimate MG5 "Real World" Energy Consumption Thread

I have a Trophy with the 17inch wheels. Best I’ve got is 4.1 in the summer.

Wish it had the option to go 16inch but retain all the other Trophy features.
Same here, was (briefly) considering buying a 16” set and selling the bigger ones but one would need to do an awful lot of driving before you get a real benefit..

End of month time again :)
Quite surprised by the improvement over last month. March has been uncharacteristically mild and you can really see the difference.

March 24 Consumption.jpg

March 24 Graph.JPG

This months figures certainly confirm the ‘driver factor’ when it comes to consumption, all mileage done by the missus who drives it like an ICE car ;)
1711899963150.jpeg

This months figures certainly confirm the ‘driver factor’ when it comes to consumption, all mileage done by the missus who drives it like an ICE car ;)
View attachment 25273
I've taken to driving mine like I stole it so I don't even get figures as good as that but because all of my charging this month was at home it was still under 6p per mile.

I think yesterday highlighted the effect of weather conditions . On a 30 mile morning round trip , a nice dry Spring day , temperature about 12°C my consumption was about 5.4 miles per kWh.
In the evening Springter returned . A 30 mile round trip , temperature about 7°C, p133ing it down barely achieved 4.1 miles per kWh.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to South Wales Monday. Mild and dry (mostly), constant 65mph and got 4.2, charging on Tesla. Yay!
Yesterday, cold and very wet, standing water everywhere and strong headwind. Same speed, got 3.3. Not so yay.

I went to South Wales Monday. Mild and dry (mostly), constant 65mph and got 4.2, charging on Tesla. Yay!
Yesterday, cold and very wet, standing water everywhere and strong headwind. Same speed, got 3.3. Not so yay.
Must have been in the morning then because the South Wales weather late afternoon was absolutely crap ;)

I just did the 15 mile round trip to the shops in sport mode, in anticipation of negative electricity prices tomorrow, and was slightly disappointed to find that I still managed to turn in 4.4mi/kWh. I've got roof bars on at the moment, too.

IMG_1779.jpeg

Did a return journey yesterday. ~140miles ~90%motorway each way. 100 down to 30% on the way down. Charged to 85% for return (nice to hit peak of 71kW in the warmer weather) and expecting to use 70% on the way back. Got home with a little bit of range anxiety at 6% having used 79%

I went for a 65 mile blat round the mountains, on Friday evening, to make room for the paid-to-use electricity on Agile yesterday, in sport mode and with enthusiasm and was mildly "disappointed" to still achieve over 3.5mi/kWh. Still, I earned over a quid filling it up again.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom