- Apr 20, 2023
- Reaction score
Had my MG5 for about 4 weeks now and theres lots I love about it, but some things that have cropped up that are really quite annoying. Hoping some of these are fixable (either with advice from the community or a firmware update at some point) but I suspect I'm stick with it and I feel the need to vent!
- Not being able to charge to 22KwH at the slow chargers. I know now the cable that comes with it isnt rated higher than 7KwH but thats still frustrating, especially knowing that a new cable is capped at 11KwH.
- Resetting vehicle settings - This is probably one of the most annoying. I've just discovered the collision assist also resets after every drive which is really bad because I nearly had an accident the other day overtaking a cyclist and it kicked in. So first thing I did was turn that off. This turns back on after every drive. Other settings I wish it remembered at things like the KERS setting, eco/comfort mode, default drivers display screen, turn off auto headlights etc.
- All of those USB ports and only one is data compatible - This means I can't use Android Auto and have my music USB plugged in.
- USB music isn't an option anyways because it doesnt recognise folders on the disk and just shows ALL songs in alphabetical order! There is a search function but unless you have a passenger, isn't really very safe or easy to use whilst driving.
- Why isn't the music all in one place? This means switching between BT or USB music to Radio is a real pain as instead of using the tabs within the music screen, you have to go back to menu and click the music note button, which takes you to a different screen. Why not have all music tabs on the same music category?
- Radio always starts playing when I start the car rather than reverting to its last music setting.
- Having all that 360 degree camera stuff but really wish it just had front bleepers.
- Auto screen brightness would be handy as so many times I've blinded myself driving at night after having the 'day' setting.
- Android auto and BT music is really glitchy, so many times they've refused to connect or it'll only connect BT for calls only. Then when I switch back to AA it freezes.
- The auto wipers arent great, they either dont move fast enough or go crazy when theres only a light dusting of rain. Tried to change the speed settings but this doesn't seem to make a difference. Wish I could just run it in an non-auto mode.
- Having an automatic is truly glorious!
- KERS breaking at level 3 is a joy to use on country roads
- General driving feeling and steering is excellent and steering wheel is very comfortable.
- Having charging dock on front feels much better for me so far