Tomorrow - the rest of the car 😁👍

DaevM

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
Tomorrow I go to collect the rest of the car to go with my collection of bits -
1000008253.jpg

Today I thought I'd give the car I'm trading in for it a clean so that I can proudly hand it over and know they got a bargain.
After having vac'd inside with all the doors open for.... a while, I leapt in and went to put it into ready mode - nothing, nada, totally dead. 4 years of ownership, not a single issue. Trading it in tomorrow, killed it!!! 😱😱😱.
I'm sure it heard me talking to a neighbour about the swap and took the hump. My heart was somewhat in my wtf!! mouth. I tried both keys, tried the emergency power up procedure, slid the battery isolation switch on/off ( or off/on depending on how you read it), to no avail.
Contacted supplier services who sold me both this car and the MG. We both agreed I'd probably taken the top off the 12v battery. Put battery on charge, went to work. Came back, washed car ( so gorgeous), reinstalled battery, worked straight off, as if nothing had happened .

Stand easy. 🥴🤡

Just paperwork to prepare now and then get a good night's sleep ( 😂 no chance!!)

In memory - 4 great years and a helluva sense of humour ♥️ 😁👍

1000008249.jpg

Tomorrow I go to collect the rest of the car to go with my collection of bits -
View attachment 24441

Today I thought I'd give the car I'm trading in for it a clean so that I can proudly hand it over and know they got a bargain.
After having vac'd inside with all the doors open for.... a while, I leapt in and went to put it into ready mode - nothing, nada, totally dead. 4 years of ownership, not a single issue. Trading it in tomorrow, killed it!!! 😱😱😱.
I'm sure it heard me talking to a neighbour about the swap and took the hump. My heart was somewhat in my wtf!! mouth. I tried both keys, tried the emergency power up procedure, slid the battery isolation switch on/off ( or off/on depending on how you read it), to no avail.
Contacted supplier services who sold me both this car and the MG. We both agreed I'd probably taken the top off the 12v battery. Put battery on charge, went to work. Came back, washed car ( so gorgeous), reinstalled battery, worked straight off, as if nothing had happened .

Stand easy. 🥴🤡

Just paperwork to prepare now and then get a good night's sleep ( 😂 no chance!!)

In memory - 4 great years and a helluva sense of humour ♥️ 😁👍

View attachment 24443

When I left home to pick up Prospero (the 2009 Golf GTi) I said to Ariel (the 1998 Peugeot 306 GTi6) "this is the last time I'll be driving you out of the garage." (I didn't happen to mention that he'd been registered for the scrappage scheme, though he might have guessed because I had prised off his rear badges the night before as keepsakes.)

Ariel refused to start. Dead as a dodo. This wasn't exactly the first time he'd been discovered with an unexpectedly flat battery, but it hadn't happened for some time. I think there was some sort of intermittent parasitic drain going on, but we never found out what it was.

So I got out the battery booster pack. Which was flat. So I plugged the pack into the mains, then put the jump leads on Ariel's battery just drawing from the mains, and hey presto, it worked. Nothing exploded and Ariel started.

He knew, I tell you.

Always exciting picking up a Box Fresh vehicle.
What are you planning to do with the small MG badge m8?
Mines still sat in the garage.......waiting.
I'm getting the se lr , so it'll be going on the boot badge 👍

When I left home to pick up Prospero (the 2009 Golf GTi) I said to Ariel (the 1998 Peugeot 306 GTi6) "this is the last time I'll be driving you out of the garage." (I didn't happen to mention that he'd been registered for the scrappage scheme, though he might have guessed because I had prised off his rear badges the night before as keepsakes.)

Ariel refused to start. Dead as a dodo. This wasn't exactly the first time he'd been discovered with an unexpectedly flat battery, but it hadn't happened for some time. I think there was some sort of intermittent parasitic drain going on, but we never found out what it was.

So I got out the battery booster pack. Which was flat. So I plugged the pack into the mains, then put the jump leads on Ariel's battery just drawing from the mains, and hey presto, it worked. Nothing exploded and Ariel started.

He knew, I tell you.
It's true, they do.... 🫣

As a final farewell kick in the nads (excepting getting it to the garage tomorrow), after I got it going again I plugged it into the Wallbox for a final charge and to make sure the 12v battery would also be good tomorrow.
Octopus Intelligent Go OCPP controlling the whole shebang. Got the car schedule set to 1130pm- 0530a.m. Always worked to date. Octopus OCPP set for 40% by 0530.
Just checked to make sure Octopus schedule planned and 12kwh has been charged "since you plugged in at 1738hrs today"!!! Wtaf??? The car wasn't flashing blue charging lights when I left it. I confirmed car 2330-0530 schedule.
I'm not greatly upset by the £3.60 vs 90p cost difference but there be witchery hereabouts, mark my words.

I have no idea how that happened... and OCPP still awaiting connection.

As a final farewell kick in the nads (excepting getting it to the garage tomorrow), after I got it going again I plugged it into the Wallbox for a final charge and to make sure the 12v battery would also be good tomorrow.
Octopus Intelligent Go OCPP controlling the whole shebang. Got the car schedule set to 1130pm- 0530a.m. Always worked to date. Octopus OCPP set for 40% by 0530.
Just checked to make sure Octopus schedule planned and 12kwh has been charged "since you plugged in at 1738hrs today"!!! Wtaf??? The car wasn't flashing blue charging lights when I left it. I confirmed car 2330-0530 schedule.
I'm not greatly upset by the £3.60 vs 90p cost difference but there be witchery hereabouts, mark my words.

I have no idea how that happened... and OCPP still awaiting connection.
In English, please. 🙄

In English, please. 🙄
Some weird sh*t going on here mate (tldr 😉)

🤣🤣
Keen to see how you get on with that m8.

A full write up with pictures will be much appreciated 👍
I'll be enjoying the chrome for a few weeks first ( probably), as with the 24 reg before swapping to the vanity plate.

This is all very familiar. Day before I got rid of our previous car (Golf) I had to buy a brand new battery for it. Tried to revive the old battery, but to no avail.
One of my previous cars decided that one of the cogs in the auto gearbox didn't need all of its teeth after I had agreed a deal to part ex it. A week later and £300 for a rebuild the deal went through.

Many thanks to all the well wishers.
The deed is done. Oh my, what a lovely machine this is. Quick (operative word) 10 mile spin up and down a 5 mile stretch of the A30 and even managed to get it in the garage, tetris stylee, before the huge downpour. Fun weekend ahead 😁👍

1000008262.jpg
1000008267.jpg

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 508 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums