Torque Pro PIDs for MG5 here

5teep

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Thanks to Nix here PID's for Torque Pro app (I know it says for ZS but there's a set there for the MG5 as well.)

I can check battery soc/soh/amps/temperature/voltage.. and many other items using Torque Pro. Will hopefully mean not having to turn the car on and off all the time while charging.

/edit - only downside so far is you need to take the dongle out when you leave the car as it sets the alarm off. Hopefully there's a fix for that.

Thanks to Nix here PID's for Torque Pro app (I know it says for ZS but there's a set there for the MG5 as well.)

I can check battery soc/soh/amps/temperature/voltage.. and many other items using Torque Pro. Will hopefully mean not having to turn the car on and off all the time while charging.

/edit - only downside so far is you need to take the dongle out when you leave the car as it sets the alarm off. Hopefully there's a fix for that.
I have the carly adapter for bmws, my old car, i can leave it plugged in as it has a on/off button on it.
Obviously i most likely wouldn't be able to turn it on while the car is locked/off but at least i don't have to unplug it each time.

Can you recommend an OBD2 adapter?
I have a couple of cheap ones, tested this one last night and it works though it's a fiver more than when I bought it a couple of weeks back. linky no worky so its this item number on amazon.. B08BPC179W

Charging at a 50kw rapid
Screenshot_20210816_102346_org.prowl.torque.jpg

The CHG meter varies quickly between 1 and 8, not sure what measurement it is but it does show activity.

Images showing charge process and the meters working. The SoC seems to read about 1% lower than the gom. When it gets to 79% the charge rate read via batta drops rapidly to 50%
Works if the car is off or in ready mode
Screenshot_20210816_103921_org.prowl.torque.jpgScreenshot_20210816_104240_org.prowl.torque.jpgScreenshot_20210816_104325_org.prowl.torque.jpg

Based on information in a previous thread - I'm guessing the charging rate is calculated from the figures above?

373 Voltage x 92.9 Amps => 34.65 kW?
Over time I'll work that out. I do a lot of charging lol.

Do any of you experience the alarm going off while the car is locked? It started to happen since I'm using Torque pro and ODBII device. But never happend when I used the MGZSEV app from the forum.
Thread 'Project OBD2 - Mobile App v1.2.1' Project OBD2 - Mobile App v1.2.1

Last edited:
Can you see any further details about the battery like cell min and max voltages?

Do any of you experience the alarm going off while the car is locked? It started to happen since I'm using Torque pro and ODBII device. But never happend when I used the MGZSEV app from the forum.

Yes, if I leave the obd2 dongle in the socket after running torque.
Now I just unplug the dongle when I'm finished checking in the charging status and that seems to solve it.

Tried my other Vgate dongle today and it works fine also. Amazon - B085Y5BBXX

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210816-215040_Torque.jpg
    Screenshot_20210816-215040_Torque.jpg
    268.1 KB · Views: 204
  • Screenshot_20210816-215055_Torque.jpg
    Screenshot_20210816-215055_Torque.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 214
  • Screenshot_20210816-215104_Torque.jpg
    Screenshot_20210816-215104_Torque.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 239
Yes, if I leave the obd2 dongle in the socket after running torque.
Now I just unplug the dongle whwn I'm finished checking in the charging status and that seems to solve it.
Yes I also meant with the ODBII left in socket. I'm using it and Torque pro to connect the data with ABRP, which works great. It uses my cars data to calculate my chargepoints. But pulling the ODBII out of the socket is not what I want to do every day. I'm wondering if there are ones with an on/off switch available?

I've seen others mention dongles with switches but never looked for one. It's as easy for me to unplug as it would be to switch off.

If anyone is interested, here my dash and pid for Torque pro. Pid is based on nix's pid set, on which I added/copied the needed pidnames for ABRP.

Edit: I just saw this thread is for MG5. Sorry for that.

Attachments

• MG-ZS-EV_Tp.zip
    11.5 KB · Views: 187
Just if anyone's interested, I'm using the free version of CarScanner on iOS with a bluetooth OBD and it has an inbuilt setting for the MG5 on the app. Managed to pull a SOH (which was 100%!) and various other readings in the All Sensors selection.

Attachments

• IMG_8180.PNG
    IMG_8180.PNG
    362.4 KB · Views: 253
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom