Touch up paint Holborn Blue 5JAY

pecker

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
HI all,

I'm need some help with pouch up paint for my MG4 in Holborn Blue, I searched the forums and can see some members have had it made up from Chipex, however when I search the Chipex website I can't find anything.

Any links greatly received,

Thanks

Andy

Attachments

• MG1.jpg
    MG1.jpg
    400.3 KB · Views: 63
Well, it better be available, because Caliban is currently in the body shop having a scuffed wheel arch sorted, and if it isn't the right shade of blue when I collect him, there WILL be trouble.

Well, it better be available, because Caliban is currently in the body shop having a scuffed wheel arch sorted, and if it isn't the right shade of blue when I collect him, there WILL be trouble.

I'm sure it's available, however the colour code wasn't recognised on their website

HI all,

I'm need some help with pouch up paint for my MG4 in Holborn Blue, I searched the forums and can see some members have had it made up from Chipex, however when I search the Chipex website I can't find anything.

Thanks

Andy
The correct code is 5JAY. I had a touch up made by Martin Browns (Blackpool) for a stone chip on my Wifes car & rang the supplying dealer for the MG code. Hope that helps?

The correct code is 5JAY. I had a touch up made by Martin Browns (Blackpool) for a stone chip on my Wifes car & rang the supplying dealer for the MG code. Hope that helps?

Thanks, I have the code, it's on the picture on the 1st post, just not recognised, I will email them and try to order it.

Ah, it was the PaintNuts web site I was talking about. They wanted the car's VIN and at the time I didn't get round to it so I don't know what would have happened next.

When I saw the scuffed wheel arch I did consider just touching it up myself but although the scratches weren't deep they were all the way round the arch. The body shop offered to do the touch-up for £30-50 but Caliban looked at me so reproachfully and reminded me that there wasn't another scratch on him, so I went for the £200 complete panel repair.

This is probably tempting fate, but it's his first damage. We'll see how I feel further down the line.

He's been in the shop over three hours and they quoted four hours labour, he's probably about done by now.

I've ordered a touch up pen from Paintnuts, hopefully its the correct colour, had to give them the paint code so should be fine.

I should get the same thing. Haven't seen any stone chips, but as we know, these happen.

I just went for the simple pen, chipex have bigger sets but hopefully I won't need one, this is a just in case purchase for me.

Yes, I've just done the same. If I get something that needs all the primer and the gloss top coat and so on I could always get these, but to be honest if it's that big I'll probably go back to the body shop - if they're prepared to do a professional-quality touch-up for £30-50, that's not a bad deal.

Caliban is all perfect again. Got to the body shop and the owner was going over his right front wing lovingly with a polishing cloth. Turns out even though the place is chokka with old Land Rovers in various stages of restoration that he's an EV fan too. As I was leaving I noticed a wall box inside the main door and he said he has an electric van.

HI all,

Thanks

Andy
Any decent car spray painter should be able to colour match..

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 498 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back