Towbar options for face-lift ZS EV.

We ordered our car with the towbar, but was told that it was out of stock so took delivery.

Have made an appointment to have it retrofitted on June 7, we will have to take the car to the MG brand garage (100 miles away) and leave it there for 3-4 hours, they say they will probably be able to fit it in that time, but ours is the first one they fit it to, due to the towbar being out of stock until now.

Price including fitting £1150
£1150?!?! Wow! The local towbar fitter I’ve used before said the Witter fixed swan neck with electrics would be expensive at £450!

£1150 ?

There is no way a towbar for the ZS EV is worth that amount. It only has to pull 500kg max.
I just checked to be sure i was not lying, and that is the price they ask.

And....Checking the MG website, they have upped the base price for the top model ZS EV by £570

Oh and the towbar is now £1370

This is the full monty, we give them the car without as towbar, and we will get it back (hopefully) 4 hours later with a fully functional towbar, including the electrics.

This is in Denmark, they have a MG brand garage that does all of the PDI, on all of the cars coming into the country, including PDI, and fitting bought extra's, prefereably before people take delivery.
Thank you for the information. Sounds like I need a trip to Denmark. It is on my list of places to visit :cool:

Thank you for the information. Sounds like I need a trip to Denmark. It is on my list of places to visit :cool:
Book in advance, i ordered the car 3 months ago, and took delivery 2 months ago, so the towbar has been in backorder for a few months. My guess is that if you order one today, the wait will probably not be shorter :)

Also would a Danish towbar fit, isn't the coupling in the wrong side like the steeringwheel :)

I purchased and fitted a towbar and electrics to my facelift ZS, it is compatible and it does work

I think its highly likely they will not be able to complete the job fully/properly in 3-4 hours (especially if they have not done one before) even if they do manage it i suspect you will need to re visit them to replace the parts they break while they fit it !
I spoke to the guy that designs the kits and prototyped it on a few ZS EVs and he told me that him and his colleague broke plastic parts on every car they worked on, chinese plastic is not great !

I purchased and fitted a towbar and electrics to my facelift ZS, it is compatible and it does work

I think its highly likely they will not be able to complete the job fully/properly in 3-4 hours (especially if they have not done one before) even if they do manage it i suspect you will need to re visit them to replace the parts they break while they fit it !
I spoke to the guy that designs the kits and prototyped it on a few ZS EVs and he told me that him and his colleague broke plastic parts on every car they worked on, chinese plastic is not great !
IF they break something i can assure you i am going to ask them to pay for the electricity to get the car to them again,

As previously stated, they are the nearest MG garage, and they are 100+ miles away.

Have had to take the day off, just to bring it to them, so it's not exactly cheap for me to go there and have it fitted in the first place.

According to my fitter, Witter are waiting on a part and they should be available from end of June!
Morning WNJ85 did you get any update from your fitter or Witter about a towbar now that we are in July?

I'm going away in 3 weeks and was really hoping to have my towbar bike rack with me but that's looking unlikely....

Has anyone had a towbar fitted professionally in the UK for their face-lift ZS EV?

Thanks

Morning WNJ85 did you get any update from your fitter or Witter about a towbar now that we are in July?

I'm going away in 3 weeks and was really hoping to have my towbar bike rack with me but that's looking unlikely....

Has anyone had a towbar fitted professionally in the UK for their face-lift ZS EV?

Thanks
Unfortunately not had an update and have been distracted by building works at home… will try and get an update.

Yes, Raleigh Motus electric hybrids. Approx. 22kgs (x2) without the battery plus 15kgs for the rack!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom