TPMS and tyre change - additional charge?

megamac

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I tried searching the forum, but could not find any posts on this. When I get the tyre changed on the MG, does the sensor get transferred by the fitter from the old tyre to the new one, or do I have to buy a new one? Anything I need to advise the tyre changing place before they fit the new tyre?
Thanks

I tried searching the forum, but could not find any posts on this. When I get the tyre changed on the MG, does the sensor get transferred by the fitter from the old tyre to the new one, or do I have to buy a new one? Anything I need to advise the tyre changing place before they fit the new tyre?
Thanks
Sensor is in the valve base in the rim

Just put the same wheel back on the same corner. The sensor is on the wheel, not on the tyre.
You shouldn't even need to do that. The car should figure out which wheel is which.

You shouldn't even need to do that. The car should figure out which wheel is which.
It doesn't seem to do that on the ZS.
If you swap the wheels over, say front to back then you get a rear wheel pressure loss, it will show on the screen as on the front.

Apparently they adjust themselves after 10-15 miles.

Have you a source for that? I've heard that new genuine TPMS learn their settings from the car but not that the car relearns the TPMS from their position on the car. My previous LEAF did just that and seemed happy swapping complete wheel sets from car to car.

Have you a source for that? I've heard that new genuine TPMS learn their settings from the car but not that the car relearns the TPMS from their position on the car. My previous LEAF did just that and seemed happy swapping complete wheel sets from car to car.
Screenshot_20220829_111723.jpg

Screenshot_20220829_112126.jpg

The 2022 must have a different setup, the 2020 manual says not to swap them around.
ZS tyre rotation.png

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom