TPMS fault

slmorgan42

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Anyone had a TPMS fault pop up on their Facelift?

Raining so not had a chance to check tyre pressure but at a glance they look ok.

Also anyone know if there is a way to reset/clear this through the info system?

I tried a reboot holding home button for 10 seconds.
Have tried powering the car off and back on.

Not had any wheels change or anything wheel related.

Next step is to check tyre pressures are right. But seems unluckily cause as all not registering.

Last resort would be disconnect the 12v. Before calling dealer.

Attachments

• IMG_5361.jpeg
    IMG_5361.jpeg
    357.7 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_5359.jpeg
    IMG_5359.jpeg
    267.9 KB · Views: 46
Also funny how the app considers tyre pressure unknown as normal rather than abnormal. lol

Attachments

• IMG_5366.png
    IMG_5366.png
    291 KB · Views: 42
Quick update I spoke to the dealer. I had it in the shop the other day for some software update which required the car to power down which they think resulted in the TPM loosing communication with sensors. They say the TPMS probably needs to run through relearn process. I am waiting for day to take it back so they can do this.

I thought the process for this was simply to drive the car for a short time/a few miles, rather than requiring dealer intervention?
Funny enough I did ask they said the driving relearn works for things like switching wheels around.

I have driven ~50 miles so far and not fixed itself.

I don't mind going to the dealer there is a brilliant greasy spoon next door which does a great full English breakfast.

I managed to fix it on my car, I used Car Scanner Pro with a OBD2-scanner to remove the faultcodes.
Now the car can see the sensors again.
thanks I did do that.
But noticed after clearing the code two tyres were reporting. 2.5 psi which I knew was wrong and used a pressure gauge to confirm they were actually 2.2 psi.
Also after about 20 miles of driving the TPMS fault returned.

Booked in for the 22 April to get looked at.

thanks I did do that.
But noticed after clearing the code two tyres were reporting. 2.5 psi which I knew was wrong and used a pressure gauge to confirm they were actually 2.2 psi.
Also after about 20 miles of driving the TPMS fault returned.

Booked in for the 22 April to get looked at.
2.5 psi is very low, some may even call that a flat tyre :)

All sorted now. I love the way they always return the car washed :) I am easy pleased.
It's good to hear you got a good result from your dealer, I'm afraid I can't reccomend the dealer I use for any attention to the car, it went in for some black marks on the roof lining near the driver's door, 'We'll give it a wash and valet', did they hell as like.
On another note about TPMS, I didn't get any faults or misreadings after swapping fronts to rear, neither when I had some cheapo tyres from Fleabay fitted last week, what I have noticed is how quiet the new tyres are on smooth tarmac, a road near me, the A180 has sections of rippled concrete, boy it's normally very noisy but these tyres seem to reduce even that.
A while ago, I posted on here that my steering seemed 'sticky' when using Cruise Control, which seemed to go when I had the wheels swapped round, plus my Grandson whom runs a nonMG garage put his Snapon fault reader on and found quite a few error codes, he cleared them for me, but I have no idea to what they were associated to, I haven't experienced any unwelcome faults, so all must be well.

It's good to hear you got a good result from your dealer, I'm afraid I can't reccomend the dealer I use for any attention to the car, it went in for some black marks on the roof lining near the driver's door, 'We'll give it a wash and valet', did they hell as like.
On another note about TPMS, I didn't get any faults or misreadings after swapping fronts to rear, neither when I had some cheapo tyres from Fleabay fitted last week, what I have noticed is how quiet the new tyres are on smooth tarmac, a road near me, the A180 has sections of rippled concrete, boy it's normally very noisy but these tyres seem to reduce even that.
A while ago, I posted on here that my steering seemed 'sticky' when using Cruise Control, which seemed to go when I had the wheels swapped round, plus my Grandson whom runs a nonMG garage put his Snapon fault reader on and found quite a few error codes, he cleared them for me, but I have no idea to what they were associated to, I haven't experienced any unwelcome faults, so all must be well.
Ah sorry to hear your dealer experience is not so good. It is a shame as a bad dealer can put you off a manufacture in general.

Curious what tyres did you get?

emmrecs, might I ask which dealership you use, I just contacted mine in Hull, whom flatly refused to update the CCV and told me 'I would be held responsible should a Tesla charger cause a problem',
I'm not too far from you, and wouldn't mind changing dealerships.

Anyone had a TPMS fault pop up on their Facelift?

Raining so not had a chance to check tyre pressure but at a glance they look ok.

Also anyone know if there is a way to reset/clear this through the info system?

I tried a reboot holding home button for 10 seconds.
Have tried powering the car off and back on.

Not had any wheels change or anything wheel related.

Next step is to check tyre pressures are right. But seems unluckily cause as all not registering.

Last resort would be disconnect the 12v. Before calling dealer.
IMG_7375.PNG

Hi, is this the sort of problem you are talking about? Bought in australia what is called MG4 Longrange 77 late last year, as seen above get persistent messages squawked at me. Had MG roadside check , tyre pressures OK. Coincidently booked in for service today, only taken a month to get in, will report back.

View attachment 25996
Hi, is this the sort of problem you are talking about? Bought in australia what is called MG4 Longrange 77 late last year, as seen above get persistent messages squawked at me. Had MG roadside check , tyre pressures OK. Coincidently booked in for service today, only taken a month to get in, will report back.
Close, mine didn’t mention a certain tyre.

Attachments

• IMG_5508.png
    IMG_5508.png
    606.2 KB · Views: 18
emmrecs, might I ask which dealership you use

Sorry, I've only just seen this because I didn't get any notification that you'd tagged me!

For a considerable number of years I have dealt with Charles Warner in Lincoln (Outer Circle Road), buying a number of cars, both Vauxhall and MG from them. So, I'm a very long-standing customer!

BUT the whole company is closing at the end of May this year and I know that I had to book my car in for its second service several weeks before that service was actually due, in order to get a workshop slot!

Sorry, I've only just seen this because I didn't get any notification that you'd tagged me!

For a considerable number of years I have dealt with Charles Warner in Lincoln (Outer Circle Road), buying a number of cars, both Vauxhall and MG from them. So, I'm a very long-standing customer!

BUT the whole company is closing at the end of May this year and I know that I had to book my car in for its second service several weeks before that service was actually due, in order to get a workshop slot!
Thanks for the reply emmrecs, I did try them, but they said they couldn't sort me due to them packing it in, I've tried quite a few within reasonable distance from Scunthorpe, but non are helpful so far, I did read from another poster that he was sorted very well at Derby MG, I'm wondering if they might help, but not rung them yet. it was Teracton whom posted.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom