tpms reset on MG ZS EV new model

wolioli

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
A week into ownership and I still can’t figure out if I can reset the values of the TPMS.
Has anyone found a way of doing this or am I just going to have to inflate to the preset value?....which I don't actually know....havent found the sticker either. And will that stop the warnings everytime I start the car?

Screenshot_20220213_191505.jpg

I did read the manual but I live in sweden and these are winter tires i have on so pressure is a little different. I think the recommended pressure may differ. Also the manual does not indicate how to reset. Most other cars have a set button because the only interesting info from the tpms is the sudden change in pressure. The initial values are not that relevant as they are changed depending on the cargo.

On my jeep to reset tpms I have to fill tyres to the set pressure then drive they self reset after that the problem is some times winter tyres have a lower pressure but tpms is still set to factory pressure

Did it come with Winter tyres with the original TPMS sensors ?
On the Gen 1 ZS, the TPMS resets itself, to the pressures you put in, after about 10 minutes of driving. If there's no setting in the menus, I suspect the new 2022 ZS may be the same.

Last week my MG was in the garage for a service, and I've just noticed that they seem to have changed my tyre pressures. I assume that the Technical Data from your post is for the new model? Mine is the old model, and the Technical Data in that manual states the pressure at 2.3, not 2.8.

Before the service my car's tyre pressures were around 2.1 to 2.3. Since the service they are now at 2.8 to 3! Is that incorrect (or dangerous) now? What could they have done (other than inflate them)?

Last edited:
It's not dangerous it's with in the spec of the tyres you can try it you may like it and get more miles if not lower them unless tpms software has been changed and you get a warning

It's not dangerous it's with in the spec of the tyres you can try it you may like it and get more miles if not lower them unless tpms software has been changed and you get a warning
Thanks, just seemed odd, and I wondered if the mechanic mistakenly thought it was a newer model, which presumably have different tyres, as they have a higher recommended pressure.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom