TPMS system warning

bowfer

Banned
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Next problem….
My car is displaying tyre pressures fine on start up, but after a few minutes drive it’s losing them all (literally not displaying any readouts at all on all four wheels) and a yellow warning triangle on the dash.
Tried three re-starts, same result.
Any ideas to save me a third 40 minute each way drive to the dealer in three weeks..?

Just the normal stuff. Reset head unit. Test Drive. Fail?
Disconnect/reconnect 12 v battery. Test drive. Fail?
Should not need to play about with tyre pressure but...Fail...find a big stick jump up and down and use choice words

All this on the basis each tpms sensor signals to control unit which monitors and displays results and given 4 sensors should not go wonky it is the control unit having a hissy fit

Does resetting the head unit put everything back to factory defaults?
I can’t even remember all the shizzle I’ve adjusted, but it’s a lot.

Does resetting the head unit put everything back to factory defaults?
I can’t even remember all the shizzle I’ve adjusted, but it’s a lot.
No idea but sometimes needs must on the basis what would a technician try first to give him/her/? an easy fix...the old have you tried a reboot or factory reset first question. Also might help you remember and possibly note the shizzle changes going forward.

Update, the infotainment reset hasn’t cured it.
App and car still think the tyres are 3 at 2.8 bar and 1 at 2.7 bar.
They’re all equally at 2.5 bar so it’s definitely not updating.

Went for about 7 mile drive after resetting screen.
Warning didn’t come up during that drive, away for another one.
The pressures just aren’t ‘right’ though, too high and unequal.
Will report back later, free beer beckons.

Next problem….
My car is displaying tyre pressures fine on start up, but after a few minutes drive it’s losing them all (literally not displaying any readouts at all on all four wheels) and a yellow warning triangle on the dash.
Tried three re-starts, same result.
Any ideas to save me a third 40 minute each way drive to the dealer in three weeks..?
But is it showing readouts now?

Went for about 7 mile drive after resetting screen.
Warning didn’t come up during that drive, away for another one.
The pressures just aren’t ‘right’ though, too high and unequal.
Will report back later, free beer beckons.
This might be like the temperature sensor that doesn't give correct level. You'll know the pressures are correct yourself but you also know that it displays a higher pressure. You'll still know if one is going down.

That’s the warning again

Attachments

• C4127656-FF89-418E-A176-8CCE9AEF7453.png
    C4127656-FF89-418E-A176-8CCE9AEF7453.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 106
Bowfer, the reset appears to at least now show pressures in the car..I assume that is correct given your posts. Given all the wheels were off and you don't know if they went back on in sequence perhaps a deflate/inflate as suggested would help. TPMS is never accurate but I find occasionally an over inflate brings them back into line...Good luck

Last edited:
Pumped all my tryes to a pre-set 2.6bar. TPMS reading this. Basically they are not very good.
84658D8F-D681-4D22-8D3C-5E79A93F6891.png

After you’ve adjusted the tyre pressures and got them at the correct pressure, do you need to reset the monitoring system in the car/infotainment system?

After you’ve adjusted the tyre pressures and got them at the correct pressure, do you need to reset the monitoring system in the car/infotainment system?
No. I adjusted mine today (upwards) and they initially showed the lower values, after driving for a short time the values adjusted and showed correct

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 539 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back